Adding EMS to BH 3870

orion7144

I dont pick up my coach till Friday (hopefully) but I already ordered the Progressive Industries HW50C[FONT=Amazon Ember, Arial, sans-serif] and was looking at pictures I took. It looks like it as simple as taking the basement wall down by the steps and mounting it there. Has anyone installed one on their 3870?
/
[/FONT]

'Lil Guy'

I dont pick up my coach till Friday (hopefully) but I already ordered the Progressive Industries HW50C and was looking at pictures I took. It looks like it as simple as taking the basement wall down by the steps and mounting it there. Has anyone installed one on their 3870?
/
I added one to my 3270RS BH. No difference. Took down the wall and you can see the end of the cable with #6 wires from the spool feeding the circuit. All kind of excess cable. I just cut the cable and spiced it in. I'm sure others will chime in.

CDN

B and B
I did this on my 3575 Bighorn. I removed the Progressive when I bought my Landmark. I am thinking of adding it to the Landmark as it will provide extra protection.

Gary521

The electrical wire that Heartland uses is rather difficult to place in one end of the EMS because it is so stiff. To make it a bit easier, get rubber coated stranded wire from Home Depot or Lowes ( of the appropriate gauge ) . Run that from the EMS to the breaker box. Of course you do not have to do this - just easier.

Fox

Easier yet was having my dealer install it (PI hardwired 50A EMS) for me. I also had them install some better entrance steps, a backup camera system and a directional tv antenna (that displays signal strength).

Spending my inheritors money.