TPMS question

Toterhome

OK

I have a Ford F-650 Toterhome and pull 40+ foot fifth wheel "Heartland of course" So it has 6 tires, and the truck has six. I was thinking about just doing the outside tires on the truck and all the of fifth wheel tires. I am confused about the sensors and boosters. Maybe I would OK just to do the trailer. Truck tires are heavy duty brand new. never ever had a problem with them, but obviously that could happen. I am concerned about reading that Ford's may have trouble sending signals for some reason and of course the length from the trailer wheels to the read out it considerable in distance too. I was looking at this https://eezrvproducts.com/shop?olsP...d-temperature-monitoring-system-tpms-10-mixed

I am not up on these things and was hoping someone may have some experience with it. I am bit confused. Not unusual for me LOL

david-steph2018

We have a 2017 RAM dually with a 2018 Road Warrior. The Ram has it own system. On the Road Warrior we use the Tireminder A1A. It does not give me any issues even with the distance between the last sensor and the monitor in the truck

MTPockets

You can add a booster antenna from TPMS... I had intermittent problems until I installed the booster under my truck rear bumper. I wired it so it was only powered when truck ignition was on.

Big-B

We have an Eeztire TPMS on our 34 foot Bighorn. It works without a booster antenna and has saved us grief three times now. Every time I caught the tire when it went low instead of having it go completely flat and possibly ruin the tire, rim and damage the trailer. Now I wouldn't tow my RV without one. The truck doesn't have one because it's easy enough to tell when you have a flat on the truck.

Toterhome

Well as expected this group has helped me out tremendously. I decided to just do the trailer and contacted TST directly to make sure I got the right thing. Plus a discount, how about that:eek:
Big trip to Purina Farms the first of May, so we will be prepared. Thanks again everyone who commented.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Love our TST. It has been a great product for us and their customer service is great.

We installed the booster in the front generator compartment. Tapping into power from the overhead light. Quick, easy and out of the weather. Never had a drop out since.

Enjoy and safe travels.