External Ladder replacement parts

Luckyhat12

So I have a question about getting replacement parts for the ladder and I thought this would be a good spot to start.

I had a spotter that was watching out for the tree that I missed but he wasn't watching out for the limb that knocked the top step off my ladder so I need some replacement parts.

It didn't do any damage other real damage than crack the permanent ladder mount bars on the top of the RV so I just need that part.

I looked at the ladder assembly and the numbers MHL1756 are listed on the sticker under the top step. It also says 1-step BDA Heartland TOP section Cyclone/Razor. SO#626595

I have gathered that it is an attwood ladder and you can get replacement steps online but there are various widths of steps that you can order. I ordered a 3 pack of replacement steps but they were the narrower steps that are on the removable part rather than the wider step at the top where the removable piece hooks over the top rung that is permanently mounted. This gave it rigidity again and I sealed up the cracked tubing with caulk and sealant. It did not pull the flanges out of the roof. It only bent the aluminum tubing over and broke the plastic pieces out of the top rung.

I need the permanantly mounted part with a new step. The parts that cracked is right where the horseshoes meet the flanges and they are screwed to the roof. Think tailwhip hitting a low limb and folding the ladder over at a 45 degree angle rather than being upright at a 90 degree angle. I rented another ladder from home depot and straightened up the horseshoe pieces and put new end caps in the original wide step that I took from the more narrow step and my ladder is functional but it isn't as sturdy as it used to be. I need the complete top section but not the removable ladder part.

I will call the factory about it as well but this would be good info for other cyclone members to see because I know I won't be the only one as tall as these rigs are. Poor old man swore up and down that I wouldn't hit that tree and he was right. I didn't hit the trunk, but that limb sure gave me a bad day. :)

Thanks,
Chris

jbeletti

Chris,

Yes - this is a Parts Department matter. Please contact Heartland Customer Service to discuss. The number is 877-262-8032. My guess is that we only order complete ladders and not parts but not sure.

Jim