5th wheel hitch question for 2009 Sundance 29bh/2998rb

Coolrider

Just purchased the above trailer and going to pick it up in a week. We have a Ford F-250 super duty with gas engine and a b&h ball hitch in the bed for our horse trailer. Any thoughts on using an adapter to convert the current hitch to be used with the ball hitch we have already? We are not going to be towing frequently and right now mainly need to get the trailer which is 4 hours away from me Bach home and to the location where we will be setting it up. Thanks for any input.

Dumboldles

If you already have a ball hitch in your bed great: you’re set up for the Andersen Ultimate hitch. Check out the the Andersen site; most dealers should have them for sell.

Dumboldles

Dave_Jari

B & W makes a hitch to use with the underbed mounted receiver. Reasonably priced and widely available. We are very happy with ours. Quality built and breaks down into two pieces for easier handling. The adapter, that I believe you're referring to, is not recommended by many manufacturers from what I've read here on the forum, as they seem to change the stress points on the frames and cause problems.