Enclosed and Heated Holding Tanks & Valves

Duramax1

I would appreciate your having a look at the Thread for "Heating Issues" in the Sundance General Discussions.

As I posted in that thread, there is only one hose that comes through the stair well on my model 2900MK rather than the two hoses shown in the pictures for the model 2998RB.

While they are different models, the configuration for the bedroom section of the two trailer seems to be identical. Assuming the second hose in the 2998RB exits in the holding tank area, how does the heat flow to the holding tanks and valves in my trailer or was the second hose mistakenly not connected.

Thanks for your help in this matter

D

Dave Willis

Hello Mr. Duramax1,

All of our Bedroom slide units have a heat duct that is blowing in the underbelly and it is located beside the furnace. This heats the underbelly. All of our units have one heat duct running to the bedrooms. You will see two hoses under the steps on all the side aisle bath units. One hose goes to the enclosed bathroom and the other is for the bedroom. On all the split bath units, there is only one hose for the bedroom. I hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Dave

wagenman

Since this is already a topic here..and has already been a issue with me..here is another thought of mine about the heating issues in the Sundance with split bathrooms and side bedroom units..

The one heat duct in the master bedroom is in my opinion is to close to the thermostat, in fact it is almost directly under it.. What you end up doing is in cold weather (below 32 degree) is turning the heat up so high just to get heat in the bedroom that the rest of the coach is way to hot...

just my thought... but I was camping in northern Michigan this last weekend and it got pretty cold.. (got down to 26 degrees one night)..and the coach had very uneven heating patterns.. I know these things are not designed for that cold of weather..but then again you advertise in your brocher about how you test in zero degree and say how effective the heat is.. Cause of the poor circulation in the coach we went through over 40# of propane in just a few days... A simple fix would be to add another heat duct in the very front of the coach.. instead of just one under the thermostat...

Oh well.. it was still fun..and we loved our first trip in our new Sundance....

Thanks for listening...

D

Dave Willis

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will get with the plant manager and see what we can do.

Dave

Duramax1

Dave

Your reply to me made perfect sense until I looked again at Wagenman's signature and saw that he has a Sundance 2998RB. The Heartland brochure shows a floorplan for that model with a split bath unit, the same as my 2900MK.

So I am again confused as to why he has two hose under the stairs and I have only one.

wagenman

Duramax1,

I am myself a little confused now.. I do have the spit bathroom and do have two ducts going under the stairs.. One goes to the vent at the bottom of the entertainment center and the other goes to the vent in the master bedroom..

If you have a vent at the bottom of the entertainment center and one in the bedroom I dont understand how there would be only one duct..

Like I said though I can not find where my ducts come out of my furnace..I figure that it must come out the bottom or back of the unit cause that is the only place I can not see with out tearing deep into it..

I also do not see in mine where any heat would go into the underbelly of the unit.. there is not anything that puts heat into it that I can see.. No duct or no vent.. I am now interested in that cause that is one of the selling points of the coach!!

So I am with you on this one Duramax1... The one duct does not seem to be correct.. Although it does appear that more then one owner has said the same thing... Lets hope we can figure this out....

EDIT: I also do not have a vent in my toilet room... the only vent in the whole bedroom is just up the stairs between the sink and the door to the toilet room...

EDIT # 2: I posted another reply but it told me it was a duplicate of this one.. even though it wasn't..

I should have looked at the floorplans of the 2900MK prior to posting this reply.. I went to Heartlands website and looked at the pictures of your model and see that they do not have the heat vent at the bottom of the entertainment center like mine does, therefor there would only be one hose going under the stairs into the bedroom...

I think there is a lot of confusion on this, and for some reason we are not getting straight answers.. the secont heat duct does not go into the toilet room on the spit bathroom models... it goes back to the vent at the bottom of the entertainment center blowing at the entry door...

As far as the underbelly is concerned I don't know how the duct could come out the bottom of the furnace and heat it cause my furnace is no where near my underbelly storage units... Again just a little confusion!!

Last edited:
D

Dave Willis

We have a heat duct that runs directly out of the furnace and is located right beside the furnace that runs into the enclosed underbelly. So, wherever the furnace is located, that is where you will find the heat duct for the underbelly.

Thanks,

Dave

Duramax1

Wagenman

Things are now becoming more understandable.

As you say, your second hose under the stairs goes to a vent at the bottom of the entertainment center and because my unit does not have such a vent, there is no need for a second hose. I did not realize that your model had a heat vent in that location.

As you can see in the Heartland Brochure, my unit has heat vents on either end of the kitchen sink island and these vents are directly connected to a metal furnace distribution pipe.

wagenman

Thanks Dave for the reply,

I was not thinking straight when I said my furnace was not over my underbelly.. that does not even make sense.. Sorry this was getting so confusing.. But thanks for sticking with us and answering questions anyway...

Wagenman (mike)

D

Dave Willis

The furnace sits on top of the plenum and forces the air directly into the ducting. The vents actually hook to the duct under the step and run up into the bath and the bedroom. So, if your looking at the furnace you will not see the hoses hooked to it because they hook to the duct run in the floor.

Thanks,