XM Installation

T

tgboyd

I was interested in having XM radio in my new Cyclone. Have any of you installed XM? What system did you use. I am looking at the Delphi Sky FI 2 so I can use both the inside and outside FM radio systems to access XM but wondered if there is a better way. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

johnrb1967

Big John
i have the xm myfi that i bought from walmart. i've had xm since 01 and i love itNone. the myfi comes with a car kit and a home kit so you can move the receiver between the two and enjoy xm in both places.the home kit comes with a 120 volt charger, receiver cradle, and a table top antenna that i usually don't have to take out of the cabinet to get a signal. if for some reason you can't get a signal just set the antenna in a window and it should work fine

Ron Schoner

Tin Star
I have xm-radio in my truck. When we get to our CG, I take the radio into the 5er. I have a home Ant. and it work from inside the cabinet. I love it.

Ron

BluegrassMan

Guy's:
I installed my Sat. antenna at the rear of the cab just 6" in front of the 3rd brake light, took out the light fixture, ran the wire between the 2 layers of steel in the roof, down inside under the side window, then under the trim around the door and up under the dash. It took me a while, and yes, I cursed a little, but the job looks great.

To get the wire to fit behind the light, I took a small file and made a notch in the clear plastic lense, then I used the rubber strip to cover the wire down to the light. Almost looks factory. Just my .02 cents worth.