Broken in to!! Looking for a rear door and a converter / inverter for a Mallard M312

TopsRV2

Well folks... it happened... "Ducky" has been broken into!! (while in storage). I was just down there less than 2 months ago to check on it and all was great! I go down today to get her ready to bring to Spring Break the week after next and the door was busted open!! They didn't just bust open the lock, but they actually pried open the door jam with a pry bar! Man I'm ******!!
But the REAL reason I'm putting this one here is to ask some of you knowledgeable professionals a few questions about some repairs... primarily two.
So as some of you know, I have a 2017 Mallard M312.
Who can tell me exactly where the Inverter / Converter is? Is it directly behind the fuse box underneath the central vac? and which one it actually is, an Inverter or a Converter? (or I've known them to be one in the same in the past, but Camping World tells me that they need to know which one I have in there, well **** I don't have anything in there anymore, so I don't know!
1f609.png
;)
) But if you happen to have an M312 or even know exactly where the Inverter / Converter is for a fact AND how many watts it is, that would be a great help for starters. Also a possible replacement cost if any of you have had to replace one yourself so far?
I did try to call Heartland direct this evening once I found it was broken into but they were already closed this evening.
NEXT question would be about the back door. Replacement cost? Availability? How soon you think I could get one? Any first hand knowledge or experience with this would be awesome!
There's a bunch of other items broken or stolen but those are the major items I need some info on in order to replace from Heartland I'm guessing.
Thanks team for any info you may have for me!

wdk450

Shawn and Arlene:
Sorry about your losses. I can't help you on Mallard stuff. But I DO recall a recent post on the forum by Jim B. indicated that Heartland parts/service would be open on Saturdays now, so you might try calling them today with VIN at hand.

GOOD LUCK!!!

TopsRV2

Thank you Bill. That's good information and worth a shot. I will try them out later on this morning. Thanks much again.

danemayer

The larger trailers have standalone Power Converters, but some of the smaller trailers have combination units that include the 12V DC fuse box, 120V AC circuit breakers, and Power Converter in a single unit.

If your circuit breaker panel and fuse box is in the same location inside, close to where you connect the shore power cord outside, you might check for a combo unit there.

Was your Power Converter stolen, or are you having a problem with power?

SNOKING

Have you looking in the battery(ies) box(es), maybe your batteries took a walk, so your converter is not working???

ILH

I had my unit broken into a few years ago - while in storage. Like you, I was ******. Worst part was we were just about to head cross country to a rally - had to cancel as the rear window was smashed and both door locks were broken. All was fixed by my dealer - but I keep a close eye on my rig now.

TopsRV2

The larger trailers have standalone Power Converters, but some of the smaller trailers have combination units that include the 12V DC fuse box, 120V AC circuit breakers, and Power Converter in a single unit.

If your circuit breaker panel and fuse box is in the same location inside, close to where you connect the shore power cord outside, you might check for a combo unit there.

Was your Power Converter stolen, or are you having a problem with power?

After going back down to the trailer to further look into detail with a flashlight, it appears I may just have a combo unit, but honestly still not completely sure. I see the circuit breaker panel / fuse box that the schmuck tore out on me. They basically just tore it out of the wall, but all of the wires are still connected it seems. I originally thought that they tore it out to get to the converter which I thought may have been behind or underneath that Circuit breaker panel / fuse box, but again, after looking in that hole with a flashlight, it seemed no wires were removed or cut, not did I see any other place where a converter may have been mounted. So I'm only guessing now that they tore that box out hoping to find a converter and when they didn't, they may have just left it alone as it was. The only problem I saw was besides the circuit breaker panel / fuse box, there didn't appear to be anywhere or enough room where I saw an actual converter even built into that box, meaning it was a fairly small box. I have a 50 amp, 36' foot travel trailer. Now all of this also happened to be on the opposite side of the trailer of where the shore power plugs into the trailer. So I'm not sure if there is a converter close to the inside of where that shore power plug is, but I do know that it would be very hard for me to even get into that location from the inside of the trailer.

Hopefully all that made some sense...

TopsRV2

Have you looking in the battery(ies) box(es), maybe your batteries took a walk, so your converter is not working???

No sir, I know my battery is out as I took that out myself as I put it all into storage. I have no power, but it's a matter of the robbery and the schmuck burglar that just tore out my circuit breaker panel / fuse box and me just trying to figure out exactly what is what back there.

- - - Updated - - -

I had my unit broken into a few years ago - while in storage. Like you, I was ******. Worst part was we were just about to head cross country to a rally - had to cancel as the rear window was smashed and both door locks were broken. All was fixed by my dealer - but I keep a close eye on my rig now.

I hear ya there Ian and that sucks. Sorry to hear that happened to you as well. I'm hoping to get all fixed up here quickly and be back OTR again soon with any luck. My only major concerns right now is the electrical system and the back door that was literally pryed open, so I know I'll need a new door as well. But I'll contact Heartland first thing Monday morning to see if they can expedite the needed parts to me asap.

- - - Updated - - -

Call Heartland with your VIN handy. They can send you the correct parts.

I hope so PJ, that's my plan is to contact them (Heartland) first thing Monday morning. I've always had a pretty decent working relationship with them so far, so I'm hoping they may be able to help me out and expedite the needed parts to me asap so I can get back OTR again here soon.

Thank you for the tip / advice.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
In our BH, the converter was not accessible by removing the breaker panel. You had to remove the basement wall and climb back in there to get at it. I’ve long since relocated it to a better spot, but removing it will still require pulling the wall.

Back at the end of 2009, ours was broken into while in storage, along with 15 other RV’s. They broke the door glass to get in and ripped the two TV’s off the wall. Insurance took care of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Take a look at the drawings in this WFCO 8900 manual to see if there's anything familiar. When you call Heartland on Monday, they should be able to tell you the precise model. You can likely get it from Heartland, but you may find lower pricing on Amazon.

TopsRV2

In our BH, the converter was not accessible by removing the breaker panel. You had to remove the basement wall and climb back in there to get at it. I’ve long since relocated it to a better spot, but removing it will still require pulling the wall.

Back at the end of 2009, ours was broken into while in storage, along with 15 other RV’s. They broke the door glass to get in and ripped the two TV’s off the wall. Insurance took care of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry that happened to you as well John and Darlene, but glad to hear that insurance took care of it. Hopefully I'll get some good news and have a good resolution at the end of all this. Take care, be safe.