Rebuilding Steps to Bedroom

Oregon_Camper

Has anyone rebuilt their steps to the bedroom? I had to "modify" mine slightly (with a saw) to scale the bottom step back some, to allow the Lippert Solid Step install to be completed.

Now, Spring is here and I need to plan the new steps. If you have done this, I'd love to see some images and/or advice on how to best accomplish this. Figured I'd ask first, vs my standard process of just tearing stuff apart and fixing it as I go. :cool:

Bones

Has anyone rebuilt their steps to the bedroom? I had to "modify" mine slightly (with a saw) to scale the bottom step back some, to allow the Lippert Solid Step install to be completed.

Now, Spring is here and I need to plan the new steps. If you have done this, I'd love to see some images and/or advice on how to best accomplish this. Figured I'd ask first, vs my standard process of just tearing stuff apart and fixing it as I go. :cool:

I didn't exactly tear them out and rebuild them. I just modified them a bit to add some strength. If I did it again I might change things a bit.

IMG_20151115_102757.jpgIMG_20151115_101150.jpgIMG_20151115_093450.jpgIMG_20151115_093429.jpgIMG_20151114_113941.jpg

Oldelevatorman

I made mine deeper with some one inch wood from HD. Sanded and stained it to closely match the rest of the wood in my Landmark. Everything was fine until we had two defensive lineman come to install our sleep number bed and one of them tripped and busted the bottom step. I was able to glue it back together and put some ‘L’ brackets underneath it for a temp fix. You need a big enough piece to have the grain to go front to back so it wouldn’t break like that. I made them 13” deep instead of the original 9”! I also had to move the drawer out to accommodate the increase in depth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk