Fantastic Fan Quit Working - Vent Door Still Works OK

wdk450

This one was a hard choice as to which forum section o post it in - Interior, Exterior, Electrical???

Anyways, I have the problem I noted in the thread title in my bedroom fan - I would guess that a switch built into the vent door operating mechanism isn't doing its job in turning on the fan, short of the fan itself suddenly quitting. Has anybody had this problem, worked on the fan assembly, know how it is put together? The manual posted in the Heartland Forum Library didn't have any details. Since the top opens and closes, I am pretty sure it is NOT the rain sensor.

This may be pretty much moot, as I use it rarely, and I WAS planning to put a 2nd AC in that spot early this summer (but other uses of my savings may put that off). It is just a bother to have something that doesn't work right. I will try a DVM reading on the motor wires later. Maybe this is something my Caig DeOxIt contact cleaner/restorer spray can fix.

wdk450

I found a GREAT aftermarket website/company on RV vent fans. It is http://rvvent.com/ They have Fantastic Fan wiring diagrams and individual parts.

I found the diagram for my Model 8100 "Create A Breeze" model. This could be a good resource for our online library.

On edit: I found on the RVVEnt website that there is a plunger switch (like in car doors for the interior lamp) on the top surface of the fans, that is known to have sticking problems. I will go up on the roof later with some tools and lubricant, and see if that is the problem.

Last edited:

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Bill,
Give Fantastic Vent a call Tel(810) 724-3818Toll Free: 800-521-0298. These numbers should get you directly to the factory in Michigan without having to go through Dometic.

I've found them to be very generous with information!

Good Luck

Gary521

Yes, I had the same thing happen to a fan on a former trailer. When the fan opens, there is a spring pin under the hinge. This spring pin will ground the 12 power and start the fan motor. Check for a loose wire here or a sticky spring action.

tomhank

There are numerous reputable manufacturers of vent fans from which to pick. Fan-Tastic, Livpow, Maxxair, Ventline, Heng's, Camco, Hike Crew, and Vortex are among the brands that have stood out in my testing.

Last edited: