AXV150BT Axxera DVD Multimedia Receiver Wiring Question

WDBarker

Hi, We purchased the Prowler 25XL and it has the AXV150BT Axxera DVD multimedia Receiver with Bluetooth installed in it. We hung a tv in our camper and plugged the cables into the tv. The bluelights on the radio are on, they will not turn off, but the face of the radio will not turn on. The DVD player does not work, the radio does not work, the cd player does not work, etc. We have went through the trouble shooting guide and checked the fuse, it is good. We have also pushed th reset button and nothing works. The one thing that we did see when checking th fuse, is the blue wire is not connected to anything. In the manual is says that the "blue wire is the Power Antenna and Amp Turn-on". So what is this wire supposed to be connected to?

Chrisandsama

It hooks to an external amplifier or power antenna. If you don't have these (you shouldn't) then it isn't. Hooked to anything.

Bogie

Congrats on your new trailer.

I'm not familiar with you model of radio/player, but I looked up the installation manual on the web. The blue wire you reference looks as though it would be used if you had auto raising antenna or for turning on an auxiliary amplifier. Both of these applications would probably apply to an installation in an auto and not your trailer. It is unlikely that this is your problem.

You say the blue lights are on and you can't play a CD or DVD, which indicates you can insert and eject a disk. So I assume the power is correctly applied.

Did the radio/DVD work during your PDI?

Since this radio has a detachable face (not currently working) according to the manual, I would try removing and re-installing it. Check that all the contacts are clear and there are no bent pins.

I you still have no luck, you should probably contact the RV dealer you purchased your trailer from. Or, you can contact the manufacturer Dual Electronics Corp at 1-866-382-5476 to see if they can shed any light on the problem.

Hello new guy here with a 2019 prowler lynx 255lx me and my wife just bought. Getting ready for our first camping trip Memorial Day weekend and I’m trying to get everything ready, so I’m setting up the TV we bought for it and our camper came with the stereo/DVD player and I hooked up the provided wires to the TV and I’m getting sound from the camper speakers but no sound or picture from the tv I’ve tried just about everything I can think of to get it to work can someone tell me if I’m doing anything wrong or if I’m missing a step somewhere I plugged the wires into the proper spots and set the TV to comp but still nothing any ideas thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
FFAaronM27, welcome to this great forum.
Not sure about your particular TV but you may I've to go to the menu and configure the input.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

It’s a 24” Vizio TV I’ve tried messing with the input but not getting anywhere

Sometimes the connections from DVD player to TV are one way - depends on the player and on the TV. The usual connection allows the DVD to be played on the TV, but doesn't necessarily provide for TV audio to play through the camper speakers.

You'll need to look in the manuals for the TV and DVD player/sound system to see what audio outputs the TV has, and what audio inputs the DVD player/sound system has.

Once you know what outputs and inputs are available, we have an RV Audio Connections Illustrated Guide that will help you figure out what cables and/or other devices you may need to get TV audio to play through the camper speakers.

Aaron, were you able to solve this issue with your AXV150BT? I am getting my trailer out of storage from the winter and my radio is doing exactly what you are describing. It worked perfectly when I put the trailer away for the winter. Now I need to get mine working.

Pdemaras

My radio, same model, is doing the same thing. In fact this is the seconds radio the dealer has given me and the screen stopped working after 6 months, but it still has power and the buttons are lit up. Anyone crack this code yet?