channel search w/Jensen tv's

I have a '09 3400rl with the two Jensen lcd's. When I do a channel search when we hook up to cable or are using the bat wing, the bedroom tv will show different and more channels than the living room set. Is there any correction other than entering the channels manually on the living room set?

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
On my 2009 Landmark, I first go into my bedroom set and if on antenna, I first go to menu and then set to antenna or air, turn the antenna for the best signal then, go to auto and let it search, then go to the living area and do the same, if on cable I go to either and again go to menu and enter cable,on both sets and search and it sets its self, hope this works for you.
Mike

jbeletti

davent1946,

It does seem odd that 2 sets with likely a similar tuner, find different channels. I suggest you post this in the ASA forum here. It is monitored by ASA, the makers of Jensen TVs.

Jim

Jimmyt5

Which one is closest to the input, you also could have a weak connection on the wall. loose connectors and etc: Long shot, maybe one has less sensitive tuner...

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
davent1946 -

I don't have a Jensen, but I use a Sharp HD in the bedroom. I assume that the Jensens and Sharps both use a menu that allows you to channel search for digital, analog or both - is it possible that one of your Jensen sets is set only for digital and the other one for both?

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Digital TV reception

BH 2008 3055. We have satellite in the LR, digital in the BR (for now). We have a new LCD Toshiba flat screen. I have done everything I can think of to get a clear signal for one of our local stations. No can do. All of the other 4 stations are just fine. I called the NBC affiliate here, and he said that I need to tune it into 43.1 first, which will in turn map it to the 6.1 necessary to receive the digital signal. I can't find the command to do this. I just don't understand what is going on here. I've turned the antenna - no improvement. Any suggestions?:confused: