A wire coming from the wall going to nothing

larrypart1

Brand new Cyclone 3713 and new to the forum.

Just checking things out I found a wire coming out of the wall behind the living room slide that just hangs down the side of the slide (there is only one slide in the living room). In the control panel (where all the switches are) there is a switch that is with the bank of ambiance lights that doesn’t work on anything, so I turned the switch on and discovered it makes this wire hot. Any ideas what this wire is for?

danemayer

Does the wire come out of the slide? Where? Sidewall, bottom? Is there an articulating wire carrier under the slide?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like you may have LED lights in your slide fascia and the wire somehow got pulled and disconnected.
Looks like a job for your dealer unless you can figure out where it belongs.
Take that single wire and stretch it around and perhaps you can find where it came from based on the length of it.

Peace
Dave

larrypart1

Does the wire come out of the slide? Where? Sidewall, bottom? Is there an articulating wire carrier under the slide?

The wire comes out of the interior wall close to the ceiling. When the slide is closed (pulled into the travel position) you can see it when standing to the left of the slide. The wire is about 5 ft long and hangs down along the side. When the slide is in the open position it covers the wire.
Im calling the factory today.
With the switch in the control panel being hot that controls the wire, I’m think something wasn’t installed.

- - - Updated - - -

It sounds like you may have LED lights in your slide fascia and the wire somehow got pulled and disconnected.
Take that single wire and stretch it around and perhaps you can find where it came from based on the length of it.

Peace
Dave

good idea Dave. Thanks

?arry

larrypart1

Peace
Dave

You get the jackpot prize Dave. Now I just have to figure what the prize is. It is the wire for the slide fascia lights, but for the 2020 unit the switch for those lights was move to the wall of the slide out, along with the switch for the overheads in the slide out. Apparently the factory still runs the wire for those lights from the control center also, thinking the electric phase of manufacturing was still using the control panel switch. The service person advised I tuck the wire away and keep it for any addition I might want to add since the wire is already running hot to a switch. I'm thinking I'll check with the dealer on a ceiling fan using that switch.

Thanks again
Larry.