channel search w/Jensen tv's

I have a '09 3400rl with two Jensen lcd's. When I do a channel search when connecting to either cable or using the bat wing, the bedroom tv will receive different and more channels than the tv in the living room. Is there a solution other than manually entering the channels on the living room tv?

Chuck Richard

Funny, I have an '09 3055 and have the oppistie problem, I get more on the living room TV even though the bedroom is right at the booster. I have not had a problem with cable but have had this on the bat wing.

JENSENRVdirect

Thank you for posting your concern regarding your JENSEN televisions. We would like to assist you in improving your channel scan results.

The most likely cause for this symptom would be poor coax connections resulting in a weak signal below the threshold for signal detection during the auto scan. Our primary recommendation is to have your coax connections checked between the TVs and any coax splitters. In order to provide further follow-up, please provide the model numbers of the televisions being referenced.

Please don't hesitate to contact us with any further questions. You can post here at HeartlandOwners.org or visit us on our website at www.asaelectronics.com.

JENSEN & Voyager Tech Support Team​

davelinde

I made the same observation on my 3210 and I do suspect the coax may be to blame (though I have not worked up the motivation to do anything about it yet).

One other thing to try... fine tune/optimize the direction you point your antenna using the bedroom TV as a guide (using an analog channel or the digital strength meter) or try getting a bearing from http://antennaweb.org. Then re-scan on the other TV to see if it picks up new channels, may not work but it's easy enough to try. In my experience digital TV is very sensitive to antenna direction and ambient noise. Still, when it does work it's an awesome picture!