Warranty Work Needed

gsbainter

Hello,

Well, after taking one trip last month in our new 2800RLS, we had not found anything worthy of warranty work yet. However, yesterday I brought the fiver home to get ready for our weekend trip next week, and we had our first heavy rain of the season last night. I went in to check it this morning to see if we have any leaks, and I noticed some wetness in the track on each end of the dinette window. So, the window will need some caulking I presume. Then, I checked the skylight over the shower and found dripping around the edges of the frame. Enough for a puddle of water to pool in the base of the shower. Good thing it is dripping in the shower and not the carpet or some other more vulnerable area. So, I went up on the roof and found that there is a 3" crack from one side of the bubble moving towards the center. So, I don't think that is a caulking issue. I had only been on the roof one other time (during the PDI) and did not notice it. I am sure it was there. The other minor issue, is that the day/night shades over the dinette window has a plastic piece that keeps popping out everytime we move it up or down. So, I am going to call a local dealer who sells Heartland products (Landmark and Bighorn) to see if they will do my warranty work. They should because I had previously bought a used TT from them, so I am a returning customer. The dealer I bought it from is about 193 miles away. I am not too upset about these issues as most every new RV has issues.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Glad to hear your trip went well. Do not hesitate to call Heartland service and talk to the rep for your area if the local dealer is not eager to solve your leak issue. Heartland can be very helpful with these types of situation. Good luck to you.