OLD THREAD ARCHIVE - Oregon Rally Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hi everyone,

I need to know how you feel ASAP so I can let the park know.

I called Seven Feathers today and found out that they can't take us anytime in June. There is one window in July (10-13) but we might not be able to be together. Evidently lots of RV groups have decided that they are the place to go next year. They already have a group of 40 rigs and a group of 120 rigs with people coming early and staying late from both groups on our dates. How dare they!:mad:

I called Winchester Bay and they have room for us in June, but they don't have a block of sites in July.

So the Oregon Rally will be June 12-15 at Winchester Bay RV Resort. I'll cal them tomorrow to let them know we want the block of sites for that weekend. I'll post the particulars so people can make their reservations soon, especially if you want one of the waterfront sites.:D:D:D:D:D

If you are coming from the south and need a site for a night or two in Redding as a stopover, contact Deb, slmayor, and she has volunteered to help find some spots in her area.

I edited this post so the intermediate plan some of us talked about earlier doesn't cause confusion.

Who's up for it?

Kristy

Last edited:

dtvista

Kristy

I can go either way. Redding and Winchester or just Winchester. For Kathy and I it really does not make any difference, because we are heading north.

In Winchester, we really don't need a club house. We can have a great Social gathering with a pot luck or two. For this first one we don't have to have activities, or a theme. We just need to have a get together. We will go with the flow....

Dave

sandman

Hey Kristy, Marty & Theresa here, just wanted to say hello and see if you could put us on the possible list. We are going to be headed for washington, montana just about that time and we would love to meet you all, were from southern calif so thanks alot hope to talk soon .

Marty & Theresa & Kayla the (mutt)

bigredtruck

Redding is a little far for us. If we bring the kids, they miss too much school (our school isn't out until the end of June) and if we leave them at home, then we have to find babysitters. However, we might be able to meet you in Winchester Bay. I will talk to DH.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We could do the whole thing at Winchester Bay.... They have the spaces for that weekend and the week after. Actually they are pretty good for the month of June. Its July that gets dicey for them. People from S. CA could travel north at their leisure and arrive at Winchester on or before the 12th as they wish. My only thought about Redding was that it is a place for the Cal people to break up their trip on the way north.

Let's keep talking...

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hey Kristy, Marty & Theresa here, just wanted to say hello and see if you could put us on the possible list. We are going to be headed for washington, montana just about that time and we would love to meet you all, were from southern calif so thanks alot hope to talk soon .

Marty & Theresa & Kayla the (mutt)

Marty and Theresa,
Would you be interested in Winchester Bay or is that to far out of the way for your trip? I couldn't tell from your post if you were looking at both parts of the rally or just one.

Kristy

sandman

Hey Kristy, we are up for any place, we are going to be on vaction for a month so we can do just about any place, distance is not a problem, love to travel ,so hope this helps seeya later.

Marty & Theresa

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hey Kristy, we are up for any place, we are going to be on vaction for a month so we can do just about any place, distance is not a problem, love to travel ,so hope this helps seeya later.

Marty & Theresa

OK!
I'll put you on the possibles list.

Kristy

dtvista

Kristy

The more I think about it. This should be kept in Oregon, and I vote to have it at Winchester Bay. Thanks from all of us for your hard work so far.

Dave

bigredtruck

We would be all over Winchester Bay and the more I think aout it, might be a good getaway without the kids to celebrate DH's 50th birthday!! If you decide to do the whole weekend/after party there, count us in to help represent Canada!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Dave,
I'm starting to think the same way. What we really want is a time and place to get together. Doing the Seven Feathers/Winchester Bay thing was a good idea that just can't happen this year. We do need to decide if we want Seven Feathers for next year soon so it can be booked. However, the only reason I mentioned doing part in Redding was to give the CA people a stopover place on the way to Winchester Bay.

Since most of the CA people coming up are on their way north anyway for one reason or another, they can just make plans on their own and we can do the official Oregon rally at Winchester Bay on June 12-15. Then people can come early or stay later as they wish. We plan to be there through the 18th anyway.

I'll post the rate info. after I hear from more people about how they feel about doing the rally just at Winchester Bay and I have called the park and confirmed with them that we want that weekend.

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
OK everyone!

Post or PM me if you would come to Winchester Bay, Oregon for the 1st Oregon rally, June 12-15, 2009.

So far its us, dtvista and SOB friends, slmayor and SOB friends, bigredtruck, sandman, and ?????

Winchester has spaces available as a block for that weekend and spaces for days both before and after those dates.

Kristy

Last edited:

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
I think Winchester is fine with us for the whole thing. The offer is still open though, for those of you traveling north to stop overnight in or near Redding. If I have an idea of how many might stop, I can find spaces for you nearby. It's a little over 4 hours up I-5 from Redding to the cut-off to Winchester and maybe 1-1/2 to 2 hours over to the coast.
We might make quite a sight traveling in a caravan up I-5. LOL

dbarnard

Kristy,
I think it should be an Oregon rally also, so if the majority agrees lets do the whole rally at Winchester Bay. Because we live so close to Redding we would probably skip it and go directly to Oregon anyway. I think the whole idea is to get the Oregon and all points north in on the fun. We are almost like one big West Coast chapter anyway because we all go to everyone elses rally. That just makes it all the more fun. I'm with Dave and will go with the Flo. Being retired has its advantages.

DaleB

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Its a Rally!

Dale and Judy and Grizzlygiant, Great! I'm glad you are both in. I've heard now from almost everyone who said they would come with the old plan. Thanks for being so quick to reply.

Everyone,
I'll call the park again tomorrow and tell them we want the weekend and space for people to come in early and stay late. I'll also find out how long they can hold the sites in a block since everyone will be calling to make their own reservations with the park.

The people who run the place were really nice last year and so was the person I talked to today. The park has some pretty strict rules, but that keeps it clean and quiet for the guests and safe for the bay that is literally feet from the waterfront sites.

So, its a rally and this time I know they have sites!:D

Kristy

Dave- time to work on Larry to talk him into it!:D:D

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Oregon Rally Reservation Information

Hello Everyone!

I just talked to Winchester Bay and they are waiting for people to call for reservations. If people call within the next week or two, we'll be close together for sure. After that, you may be a little separated from the group, but its not that big a place and walking between sites is easy, so don't let that discourage you.

June 12-15 - official rally dates. Come early and/or stay later if you wish. Right now there are plenty of spaces, including water front spaces.

Winchester Bay RV Resort
100 Ork Rock Road
541-271-0287
9 AM - 5 PM daily

Ask to be put in the Heartland Group when you call. I talked to Rita, but she assured me that the other person who works the office would also be up to date.

All sites are full hookups.
Waterfront Sites - all back-in $36 per night
Pull Throughs - not on the water, but within site $33 per night

First night payment due at time of reservation. Seven day cancellation notice. Twenty dollar cancellation fee unless its after that 7 day period, then forfeit your first night fee which can be applied to another stay at a later date.

If you know the Oregon Coast, places get busy in the summer, thus the cancellation policy. But June is not as busy as July, call and check for vacancies even if you make a last minute decision to join us.

Mark and I will arrive June 12 and depart June 18. We are in waterfront site 51, which she gave us because it is a large site so we have space to meet outside in our site. She said they would allow us to put up a wind barrier and/or temporary dining tent to help in case the weather "goes all Oregon on us." Hopefully it will be a beautiful as it was in June of this year, but you never know on the coast.

Please post or PM me when you call to make your reservation so I can keep a count and figure out activities.

Thanks Everyone! This is going to be fun.:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.