Looking to Buy 2019 Sundance 3250 CKSS, 5th Whl., Wanting to Know, Good to Buy It or Not !

HighFly27

4/16/19

I've been looking at 5th Wheel Campers. I found a 2019 Heartland Sundance, 3250 CKSS Model for 38 K. It's Brand New, 100% Warranty. The price was suppose to be discounted down... but You never can tell for sure.. the camper prices move around like a merry-go-round.

I
like the Interior Design, it fit's me to a tee, just one person & I'm 70 YO.

I did some spot reading here & there.... the Heartland Camper's have had a Body Separation(s) in the Rear and it's a common fault I understand.

Can Anyone Point Out .... Why .. or should I move on to another Band Name ___________ and Model ___________ ?

If I don't Hear Anything Back... I'll Buy it on the 20th and then... be stuck with it.

HighFly27

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Highfly27 and welcome to this great forum.
Pricing on RV's can be all over the place and it depends on several things like time of year, dealers location and how willing the dealer is to negotiate. It seems that 25-40% off MSRP is the norm.
As far as rear separation I don't know if that is a common problem.

Peace
Dave

NP_Chief

Welcome to the forum. I agree with the above post. We bought a Heartland because we liked the design and it worked best for our family. I believe that is the most important thing when selecting a unit... if you like the floorplan/design buy the Heartland. The great folks on this forum are added bonus to Heartland ownership.

HighFly27

Dave & All,

I read about the -- Rear Separation Problem on a RV/ Camper Forum that brought me here.

This Thread did not point out specific models, just that they were made by Heartland.

Also, this could have happened recently or a few years ago, it's an unknown until I hear something from the owners.

HighFly27

Bogie

I am on my second Sundance. Both are XLT. I haven't had any problems with rear body separations and I am very happy with the product and sad that Heartland decided to discontinue the Sundance line.

If you haven't already, you should peruse the Sundance section of this forum. It's under "Portals" then under the "Sundance" product.

As Cookie said, prices can be all over the map. You should ask to see the MSRP for the unit as a starting point. I personally believe you can negotiate at least 30% off MSRP. From there, it's a matter of how good a negotiator you are and how bad the dealer wants to sell the unit. My philosophy has always been you can always come up on your offer if you need/are willing to. Don't forget, the unit you are looking at is at this point, last years model of a discontinued line. This should work in your favor.

danemayer

I did some spot reading here & there.... the Heartland Camper's have had a Body Separation(s) in the Rear and it's a common fault I understand.

HighFly27

The term "common fault" suggests that separation might be attributable to a manufacturing or design defect. I haven't seen anything to support that view.

I'm working from memory having read many thousands of posts to this forum over more than 8 years. I can recall one or two rear separations where there was a collision with a tree or post. I think I recall 2 or 3 rear wall separations caused by water leaks where the damage was discovered after water had been leaking in for a long period of time - perhaps years. The water leaks could have been avoided by following the recommended maintenance schedule.