Fridge not kicking on

orion7144

Had it plugged in overnight and went to load it up for the maiden trip and it was still hot. Fan blowing but compressor wont kick on. It is a Frigidaire residential. Opened the access panel on the side of coach and I can see the fan spinning. Compressor is cool to the touch. Guess we are not leaving today :(

jimpav

Could be a few things, one being a voltage/amps issue. I have the same unit, and the sad thing I found out when I tried to get an extended warranty from Frigidaire, is that if it's installed in an RV, it's not covered by any factory warranty.

orion7144

I called Frigidaire and they gave me two repair companies and both said they would not come look at it since it was in an rv. Cancelled our maiden trip and dropped it off at the dealer. Not a happy camper.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jimpav

Sorry to hear that, but I was afraid the OEM would say that. I have not had any problems with mine in five years as I'm sure others on the forum will also say, but if and when you have problems, it's on your dime. Others have simply replaces them with a like and kind form a good sale at Best Buy or someplace. With most campers having autolevel systems these days, it's not a big deal to keep them level and add some boiler protection like I will do in the new rig.

orion7144

My dealer will take care of me. I called Heartland first and after giving my vin they gave me a phone number to Midwest appliances (or something similar) who they bought this fridge from. I left a message and they called me back as I was pulling out of the dealer. She said that she will be the one the dealer will be talking to. I did not have any issues with my last one so I was not expecting this and did not check it.

orion7144

Dealer said appliance repair company diagnosed it to a bad "sealed unit' and are replacing the sealed unit on Monday. My question is to those of you who have replaced their residential refrigerators for new ones. How did you get it out of the RV? Since mine is not accessible at the moment, I assume you can take off the doors to the refer and slide the unit out.