basement wall covering...carpet?

pnnf

Hi everyone, Im going to start another project and need some help locating some material. I've finished the computer desk mod and the new residential fridge install (well almost finished) and now I need to get onto making the basement larger. Like others I have a large space behind the basement sliding doors and want to take advantage of this space. Im not sure how much of it im going to re-wall and open up but I do know that Im going to need some of the grey carpet like material used on the basement walls for a covering when im finished. Do any of you know what this "carpet" is and/or where to find it? Ive been to the box stores and they just look at me like im crazy lol Im now thinking it looks like the same fabric used on speaker boxes. Im not sure what it is or what to call it. I just know im going to need it lol

Any help would be appreciated~

Gary521

Its not carpet, its felt like material. Take a sample to a fabric store as they may have something close.

pnnf

Its not carpet, its felt like material. Take a sample to a fabric store as they may have something close.

OK, thank you. Im on the hunt :) Ill post back when I find out what it is in case others are looking for the same info. I appreciate your help~

mlpeloquin

Use 3M 77 spray adhesive to glue it down. You must spray both surfaces. You can fine it at any Lowes, Home Depot, or smaller hardware stores.

pnnf

Sometimes it's called speaker cabinet carpet. Amazon

Peace
Dave
thats one thing i was thinking, thank you

- - - Updated - - -

It's speaker box carpet. We bought ours at a Joann Fabrics Store.

ok cool, ill go find a Joann Fabrics. thank you~

- - - Updated - - -

Use 3M 77 spray adhesive to glue it down. You must spray both surfaces. You can fine it at any Lowes, Home Depot, or smaller hardware stores.

thank you very much. wasnt even thinking about adhesive~

- - - Updated - - -

Just did my basement. Bought Speaker cabinet cloth. My basement mods are here.

74975-Landmark-Louisville-Modifications

Brian

very nice, thank you~