Digital versus Analog

RVFun4Us

When I use OTA antenna and use auto channel search for the antenna, I pull up all the digital channels just fine. The picture is beautiful. But when I use auto channel search for the cable connection, I just pull up analog stations which are reduced in size and aspect on the TV and a lousy picture. No digital stations. My question is: Is there a way to pull up digital channels using the cable connection instead of just analog stations? Or is it dependent on the park's cable system?

pegmikef

When I use OTA antenna and use auto channel search for the antenna, I pull up all the digital channels just fine. The picture is beautiful. But when I use auto channel search for the cable connection, I just pull up analog stations which are reduced in size and aspect on the TV and a lousy picture. No digital stations. My question is: Is there a way to pull up digital channels using the cable connection instead of just analog stations? Or is it dependent on the park's cable system?

Depends on the cable provider the park uses. A lot of them still have analog only, some provide a mixture (e.g., local channels on cable will often be digital, while others will be analog) and some are hundred percent digital (Whistle stop in Abilene, TX for example. I usually watch OTA and switch to cable for channels not available OTA (means you have to keep changing the source and turning the RF amplifier on and off. Good luck.