Safety weight

I have a 2004 Fleetwood Prowler Lynx fifth wheel. In need of some refurbishing. And understand that the difference between the gross vehicles weight and the gross dry weight is our safety margin. So where can I find these specs if the label has become unreadable due to years of exposure to the elements. I also under stand that dry weight is without any personal items. So to get an accurate guess -tamation we should add the weight of things like clothes, cooking utinsiles, or anything added to the dry weight. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

danemayer

Hi lensmanicu,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Heartland purchased the rights to Fleetwood Prowler and began building Heartland Prowler trailers a few years ago. So it's not likely there are any records at Heartland for a 2004 Fleetwood.

You might want to search the internet for people selling 2004 trailers like yours and ask them if they know the GVWR. Or search for a Fleetwood Prowler user group where someone may have a 2004 like yours.

GVWR is the maximum safe weight for towing - with everything loaded including water, propane, your gear, etc.

Instead of looking for the empty weight rating, which isn't always accurate anyway, take the trailer to a truck stop and weigh it on a CAT scale before you load it. The difference between GVWR and the empty actual weight is how much you can put in the trailer.

Sksierra

Look on the inside of all cupboards/cupboard doors an there should be a spec sheet inside one of them that should have all that information on it. Posted a picture of one I found online.
2796a32053545c4de4bd9053bd733f85.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
What model Lynx are you referring to?
You might be able to find some information by looking here.

Peace
Dave

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
While the Prowler and Prowler Lynx name will live on...

2018 was the last model year for Prowler 5th-wheel trailers.

Here is my 2015 on a recent overnighter in the Arizona desert:

ProwlerHATM-P3210465.jpg ProwlerAtHATM-P3210429.jpg