2009 Oregon Rally Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hello Everyone!

I will update this posting with the latest information as it comes in, so everyone knows where to look. I'm having Jim close the other threads to cut down on confusion about where to post.

June 12-15 - official rally dates. Come early and/or stay later if you wish. The Oregon coast can get busy during the summer, especially now that gas prices have gone down.

Winchester Bay RV Resort
541-271-0287
9 AM - 5 PM daily

Winchester Bay is waiting for people to call for reservations. If people call within the next week or two, we'll be close together for sure. After that, you may be a little separated from the group, but its not that big a place and walking between sites is easy, so don't let that discourage you.

Ask to be put in the Heartland Group when you call. I talked to Rita, but she assured me that the other person who works the office would also be up to date.

All sites are full hookups.
Waterfront Sites - all back-in $36 per night (Update-3/21 ocean fronts are gone but there are still sites available in the park)
Pull Throughs - not on the water, but within sight, $33 per night

First night payment due at time of reservation. Seven day cancellation notice. Twenty dollar cancellation fee unless its after that 7 day period, if you cancel after that 7 day period, forfeit your first night fee.
The site has details about this policy.

If you know the Oregon Coast, places get busy in the summer, thus the cancellation policy. But June is not as busy as July, call and check for vacancies even if you make a last minute decision to join us.

Mark and I will arrive June 11 and depart June 18. We are in waterfront site 51, a large corner spot she gave us so we have space to meet outside in our site. She said they would allow us to put up a wind barrier and/or temporary dining tent to help in case the weather "goes all Oregon on us." Hopefully it will be as beautiful as it was in June of 2008, but you never know on the coast.

Please post or PM me when you call to make your reservation so I can keep a count and figure out activities.

Thanks Everyone! This is going to be fun.:D:D:D:D

The list so far:

As of 5/20/09 we have 20 Heartlands, 4 SOBs and a prospective owner couple (49 people) confirmed.

Bill & Deb (wdk450) 6/12-6/15 site 48
Jim & Jan (Jim & Jan Holcomb) 6/10-6/17 site 49
Butch & Stacy (gmc) 6/12-6/15 site 50
Mark & Kristy (ziggy) 6/11-6/18 site 51
Art & Teresa (TessaM) 6/12-6/18 site 52
Brent & Lori (bigredtruck) 6/12-6/14 site 53
Dale & Judy (dbarnard) 6/12-6/18 site 54
Jim & Lucy (w/TessaM) 6/12-6/15 site 55
Gary & Diana (boatdoc) 6/11-6/16 site 58
Jerry & Deb (w/boatdoc) 6/11-6/16 site 59
Ray & Deb (slmayor) 6/12-6/14 site 60
Dave & Kathy (dtvista) 6/12-6/15 site 61
Troy & Carol (w/dtvista) 6/12-6/15 site 62
John & Lori (w/TessaM) 6/12-6/15 or 16 site 63
Dean & Jodi (shovelguy) 6/12-6/13 site 67
Jess & Annie (jess halstead) 6/11-? site 68
Bob & Joyce (branson4020) 6/12-6/15 site 71
Cliff & Sheryl (cliffbuilt) 6/12-6/14 site 72
Chuck & Deb (Chuck Richard) 6/11-6/15 site 73
Marybeth (flamingknitter) 6/12-6/18 site 74
Larry & Debbi (larryheadhunter) 6/12-6/18 site 75
Mark & Linda (XXLRUNR) 6/12-6/17 site 79
Warren & Kathy (kathyo) 6/11-6/16 site TBD
Bob & Brenda (bcaughey) 6/12-6/15 County Park w/ATVs
Fred & Danette (fdmckee) 6/13-6/14 motel

The Schedule (so far)

Appetizers 4:30 pm or so Friday in the Rally gathering area by the putting green.

Campfire Friday evening at Rally Headquarters (site 51 - the Carlsons)

Potluck at 5:30 pm Saturday in the Rally gathering area by the putting green.

Raffle drawing and cake to follow the potluck.

Times and locations subject to change depending on the weather.

Some of the guys might be putting together some golf, but its not a formal Rally activity and I don't know who all is involved with that.

Last edited:

dtvista

Oregon Rally

Kristy

Dave and Kathy Timpone Site 61 June 12-15 (4 nights)
Troy and Carol Ratliff (SOB) Site 62 June 12-15 (4 nights)

flamingknitter

Kristy -

I made my reservations today:

June 12-18 Site 74.

My rig is too long to fit in the sites across from you guys in the 50's. I'm across from Dave and Kathy.

Marybeth

boatdoc

Hi Kristy,
Our reservations are in also.
June 11-16 Gary & Diana #58
June 11-16 Jerry & Deb #59 sob- gonnabees' Heartland

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I got you all on the list in the first post. We're up to nine rigs so far which is great for this early. I know some people can't commit yet because of work etc.

It looks like we are getting spread out, but we are actually still pretty close together because the park isn't all that big. They put us on the end in the corner so we would have a big space for meeting, but the interior spaces there aren't as long as the others in the middle section. I think it would be cool if we filled the whole waterfront and a row of interior sites on the end and the middle section. I don't know if we'll get that many people, but it would make quite a statement to see all those Heartlands in a row!

Thanks for posting your reservations for me!

Kristy

TessaM

Past California Central Chapter Leader
OK.. our SOB friends, Jim & Lucy, has their reservations booked for space # 55, staying June 12-15. They are 'possible' future Bighorn owners! I'm still working on our other SOB friends, John & Lori, to get their reservation in. :D

Some of us will be staying at Seven Feathers in Canyonville... on June 10 & 11, before heading out to Winchester Bay on the 12th.

dtvista

Art and Teresa

Troy, Carol, Dave and Kathy will also be at Seven Feathers June 10 and 11th. We also plan staying at Beverly Beach SP (outside Newport) starting June 16 before moving up to Washington and the McKenzie Rally.

TessaM

Hey...maybe all of us who stay at Seven Feathers can caravan up to Winchester Bay together! So far, there are 5 of us staying June 10 & 11.

Dave..
Looks like all of us who are headed for Toppenish for the McKenzie Rally are leaving on seperate days. We're staying at Winchester Bay till the 18th, which gives us 4 days to get there before their Rally begins...still planning on where to go on our way over. A few want to go to the Aerospace Museum in McMinnville, so maybe we'll head that way.

Art and Teresa

Troy, Carol, Dave and Kathy will also be at Seven Feathers June 10 and 11th. We also plan staying at Beverly Beach SP (outside Newport) starting June 16 before moving up to Washington and the McKenzie Rally.

dtvista

We are for caravaning. We will stay in the Newport area (Beverly Beach SP) thru Thursday June 18. Not sure which day Carol and Troy want to get to Toppenish.

The Aerospace Museum in McMinnville is a cool place. We visited it last summer.

Looks like the Rally in Wenchester is starting to grow. Should be lots of fun.

Dave

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
OK. I added Jim and Lucy to the list. I'm glad they decided to come and that those of you who had your heart set on Seven feathers found a way to make it work for you. I wish we could do that, but I think they expect me to be at school those last couple of days. For some reason, they don't like it when you miss days as hectic as those.:eek:

I hope you can get John and Lori to come too, Teresa. I've heard that they are a lot of fun and would be a great addition to our group.

Kristy

TessaM

Kristy,
Our other SOB friends' JohnD & Lori booked their reservations for June 12th - departing either on the 15th or 16th, space # 63.

All those who were at the Jackson Rancheria rally, know who JohnD is! :)

Dave,
All 6 of us (rigs) coming in from California, who are going to Seven Feathers for June 10 & 11 (prior to Winchester Bay) will be parked together! :cool:

Last edited:

dtvista

Cool ..... A real Caravan.... John and Lori in 63 and Troy and Carol in 62..Two SOB's next to each other, I'm not sure if we will be able to handle that... :)

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Got'em. You guys probably better call Winchester Bay before you get there that day. If 6 rigs show up all at the same time, they may have a heart attack!:eek:

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Another couple has decided to join us. Bob and Brenda Caughey will park their Cyclone in the County park across the road so they can use their ATVs while they are there.

Bob and Brenda are new Heartland owners from the Portland area.

Do we have any others who can make reservations this early? Just let me know so I can add you to the list. We're up to 13 rigs. You know we can't stay at 13, that's bad luck!:D:D

Kristy

PS I know there are only 12 on the list right now, but I'm counting Ray and Deb too. They haven't made reservations yet, but I'm sure they will come.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Jim, Jan and Sassy Holcomb from Reno will be meeting us at Winchester for the rally. I'm putting Jim in charge of the chili for potluck night!

Kristy

Paul & Nan

Keep us in mind for 2010, we will be in the area for our Granddaughters graduation from college. Not sure of the dates yet, but we are planning on it already. Nan and Paul

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Will do. I'm sure we will discuss the location of the 2010 rally at the 2009 rally if not before. Right now, its looking like Seven Feathers is our first choice for 2010 and we'll try to time it so Jim B. can come too.
Kristy

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi Kristy,
Debbi and Larry Kuhn (larryheadhunter) are in site #75 next to Mary Beth. from
June 12-18th? probably sooner. We are also going to be at 7 Feathers for a couple of days before if they still have openings. Butch (GMC) and Stacy are also trying to come to Oregon for this rally. This could be a bigger turnout than Jackson. Hope to see many of you before then. And not on the side of the road either.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Add another one to the list! Looking forward to meeting you Debbi and Larry. Hopefully Butch and Stacy can make it too. That puts us at 14 registered so far with several others still thinking about it or trying to make it work. We might hit 20 coaches with 14 or 15 being Heartlands. We've only been to one rally and it had 4 coaches.

What kind of activities are people interested in? I know a group wants to play golf. I'm thinking about some kind of appetizer/beverage meeting Friday night, a potluck with hamburgers and hot dogs Saturday night followed by campfire time and maybe some kind of game or contest just to make things interesting. Sunday morning we could meet for coffee and good-byes to those who have to leave. Most of us are staying longer. Do we want anything organized for Mon. through Wed. or just play it by ear?

Kristy

dtvista

I think keeping it simple with Friday appetizers, and a potluck Saturday night, followed by a campfire would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.