TPMS- Tire Rotation

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
2016 Ram DRW. Factory TPMS.
Getting ready to do the first tire rotation. My question is, when I do the 6 tire shuffle and readjust all pressures accordingly. How do I reset the tires so it reads in the correct position on the dash screen? Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks all.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
For factory sensors, your dealer or repair facility with the programer will be able to swap the sensors locations to match where they change them to.

Rod

danemayer

When the dealer rotates the tires on my dually, things change automatically. I'm sure they're not taking the tire off the rim. And I doubt they're doing any reprogramming.

carl.swoyer

When the dealer rotates the tires on my dually, things change automatically. I'm sure they're not taking the tire off the rim. And I doubt they're doing any reprogramming.
Dane,
Are your inside rims steel? Mine are which requires removing them from the rim to perform rotation and balance. Otherwise the finish is going to be scratched when the rotation is done.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

danemayer

Dane,
Are your inside rims steel? Mine are which requires removing them from the rim to perform rotation and balance. Otherwise the finish is going to be scratched when the rotation is done.

Aluminum wheels.

Dave_Jari

X2 on the Ram. My 2014 relearn the positions after rotation in probably less than a mile. The GMC I had prior had to be reprogrammed with a hand held programmer. Ram has used many forward thinking applications on their trucks, if they could just figure out how to get rid of the monthly (seems like) recalls!

danemayer

So you have six polished aluminum rims.

The front wheels get turned and mounted on the outside rear, so all the crud that builds up on the inside of the front wheels shows on the outside rear after rotation. Despite cleaning, the rims are not as polished looking as when they were new.

hoefler

The wheels are polished on one side only. To properly rotate, you will need to dismount and remount to keep the polished sides out, unless you swap side to side only.

danemayer

The wheels are polished on one side only. To properly rotate, you will need to dismount and remount to keep the polished sides out, unless you swap side to side only.

Maybe everyone's truck is not the same. On my dually, the front wheels and outer rear wheels have opposite sides facing out. And when they were new, they were all nice and shiny.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Thanks everyone. I’ll rotate them and see what happens.

What Mileage does everyone rotate their DRWs at?

carl.swoyer

Maybe everyone's truck is not the same. On my dually, the front wheels and outer rear wheels have opposite sides facing out. And when they were new, they were all nice and shiny.
Dane
You can stop at a truck stop and there usually a detail shop. Maybe you can get the buffed out.

NYSUPstater

Jamie,

On my Ford, the rotation pattern says the the front wheel get swapped w/ each other. Rear wheels (inside is steel), they as well just get swapped side to side. TPS changes on it's own as far as I know as I've never touched anything (dealer may have tho). As for how often, I rotate mine every 5k regardless. Same w/ oil. Probly overkill on the oil, but oil is cheap.

M

Oldelevatorman

I just had mine done at Discount/America’s tire. Charged me $50 but said from then on it would be no charge. First time doing all of them since I put the new Michelin’s on the rear and first time doing all 6!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk