Removable basement walls

bthornto

I've been meaning to do this for a while. 2 pieces of 1/2" angle aluminum along the bottom and 2 pieces of 1" angle aluminum along the top. The aluminum is installed back to back to form a channel as thick as the osb and carpet.

They panels did need to be cut down about 1/2" in height each to create enough remove to slide up and pass the lower aluminum. After pulling back the carpet and cutting the panel, they did need to be resprayed with some 77.

To remove the panels, lift them up and swing the bottom out.

IMG_20190424_191943.jpgIMG_20190424_194506.jpgIMG_20190424_192008.jpg

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

Genius....pure genius!!

...now, where did you get the angle aluminum? Lowes? Home Depot? I am SOOOOO doing this!!!! :cool:

bthornto

Home Depot. I went hoping for the C channel, even bought some but ended up returning it.

jimpav

Not that we need to get back there every day, but wouldn't it be nice to have the OEMs add this at the factory??? Those screws seem to never go back in the same place once you remove them

bthornto

Now that the walls are stable.... We finally have a place for the TV.IMG_20190429_181914.jpgIMG_20190429_181144.jpg

carl.swoyer

I've been meaning to do this for a while. 2 pieces of 1/2" angle aluminum along the bottom and 2 pieces of 1" angle aluminum along the top. The aluminum is installed back to back to form a channel as thick as the osb and carpet.

They panels did need to be cut down about 1/2" in height each to create enough remove to slide up and pass the lower aluminum. After pulling back the carpet and cutting the panel, they did need to be resprayed with some 77.

To remove the panels, lift them up and swing the bottom out.

View attachment 61565View attachment 61566View attachment 61567

Nice work
Was that the original wall location or did you move it back some during the process

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

bthornto

Pretty much the original, with the exception of the last panel with the outlet, it ended up moving back about an inch, just to keep it in line with the others.

Jv75353

If you can find the right width, C-channel will do the job with a single piece.
Check with Grainger, they supply many different industries and have a good selection of sizes. If your lucky they may have a store near you. Another source would be McMaster Carr.

'Lil Guy'

I hate this forum.lol Now I have t do another mod. Like the idea. Really clean mod to secure the basement walls. Off to Tractor supply to buy the angle.