Cyclone 4007 List of Continuous Mods

Matt750

Thought I would start a list of things I have done to our 2019 CY 4007. So far we love it, but there is always something to do on these things! Currently we are redoing our house, so any free time or any time I need a break from the house, I'll find something to do to the camper. Just like the house, it seems the list of things to do never really gets shorter!

1. Added Winegard Trav’ler
We’ve had the Winegard Trav’ler in our last two trailers and really like it for when we’re “glamping”. Wife really likes to watch college football (Go Red Raiders!). I bypassed the 4 cable connection points at the UDC and hooked the cable up to a Directv splitter. This time around, I installed two Directv receivers (H25 model). I took our old one from the last trailer and installed it behind the main TV in the living room and the second receiver is for the bedroom TV. The receiver in the bedroom is dedicated to just that TV. I may (at some point down the list) see about adding another TV to the front storage area and tie it into this receiver. The other receiver is mounted behind the main living room TV and feeds the garage and outdoor TV via a device that takes the HDMI cable and sends a 1080p signal to the other TV’s through a splitter. This is made by VeCoax and is the Mini Mod 2. It takes a little bit to set it up (it’s more tech-savvy than me!), but seems to work flawlessly. I’ve had the wireless HDMI systems before, and really didn’t want to mess with it this time. Seems like, when they worked, they worked well, but I was always having to fiddle around with it. I did go through just about every coax fitting I could find and either fix or tighten them up (mainly, they needed to be tighter).

IMG_2234.jpgIMG_2195.jpgIMG_2194.jpgIMG_2122.jpgIMG_2112.jpgScreen Shot 2019-05-06 at 2.29.14 PM.jpg

2. Soap dispenser and paper towel holder
Ordered off of Amazon. Mounted to the front wall of the baggage compartment. I keep a little container beneath the soap dispenser so if/when it leaks, it won’t make a mess.

IMG_2144.jpg

3. Added a door latch
Really, I think this is an oversight from Heartland. I called and they sent me the door latch that holds the front door open against the sidewall. Yes, it’s plastic and will break eventually, but works for now. With the West Texas wind, it was a two-person job getting the Morryde steps down! One person to hold the door open while the other person put the steps down!

IMG_2851.jpgIMG_2850.jpg

4. Electric reel latch
Another oversight from Heartland. This was yet again another two-person job. Now I can do it by myself (and not use tape to hold the door open). Speaking of the electric reel, when I would pull it out or wind it in, I noticed it would always catch on the door panel trim. After looking at some other installations, it looked as if mine was missing a roller for the cord to roll on as it was winding up. So…roller added!

IMG_2855.jpgIMG_2854.jpg

5. Installed RVlocks
Convenience really. That’s all this mod is for. Original locks were separate keys. Now they are keyed alike and we have multiple ways of getting into the camper.

IMG_2246.jpgIMG_2247.jpg

6. Wires in baggage compartment tidy up
The wires are for the Shwintek slides in the bedroom. The 4007 has a slide within a slide. You can see the before and after pictures. I would like to ask whoever installed that system and ran the wires they way they did (and left them in a bundled mess) if they were proud of the job they did. I added a junction box and put some plastic wrap on them. At some point I tackle the rats nest of wires in the battery/ generator compartment. At least I don’t see those as often!

IMG_2282.jpgIMG_2901.jpg

7. Progressive 50-amp surge protector hard wired
We also had this on our last camper. Wouldn’t be without one. I like the hard-wired version as its one less thing to forget or do. On our last camper, I wired it in where it would catch generator and shore power. This time, just shore power. When I put the surge protector in, I went ahead and added a hinge and latch to the panel that Heartland had screwed in. This way I can check for water leaks, etc. easier.

IMG_2858.jpgIMG_2859.jpgIMG_2860.jpg

8. Control panel addition
Well, when I went to put the Progressive surge protector LED indicator light into place, guess what? It would fit where the rest of the switches were! It stuck out too far to close the door. So, I made a custom panel that also includes the codes for the surge protector, along with some other switches that weren’t labeled. I left the Yeti pack, and Vent Fan switches in their original mount, but made a place for them on the panel. Also, you can see an opening for another accessory. That will either be the Mopeka propane monitoring system (if I decide to by it, still on the fence) or an “access panel”. I must admit that I did sort of copy this idea from the rv-project.com guy, but took it to another level for my needs.

IMG_3010.jpgIMG_3011.jpg

9. Toilet paper holder
Why? Because. Well, just because.

57599396080__3D50F8FC-AA48-4DBF-AEB6-F193B7D0A06C.JPGIMG_2909.jpg

10. MCD Shades
Our CY 4007 has MCD shades everywhere except the bedroom and one window in the hall. These have the accordion style shades. After a couple of trips, the wife asked if we could install MCD shades in the bedroom. I said, sure why not?! On our third trip, after the first night, I was told to order shades; too bright in the bedroom for the wife to sleep in. Message received—installed MCD shades in the bedroom.

IMG_2578.jpgIMG_2579.jpg

11. Dometic A/C silencer kit
I recently saw a devise made by WackOProducts. It basically replaces the stock Dometic air intake and filter. The kit consists of a filter, base plate, and a cover plate. The base plate has some sound-deadening material applied to it. Only downfall I saw was that you lose the quick cool feature. I must admit, I was a bit skeptical on this devise. I took a chance and ordered it anyway. Before and after installation I took some decibel readings with an app on my phone (don’t know how accurate it is, but seemed to work). Before I was getting a consistent 67 decibels. This was with slides in, 80 degrees out and running the generator. A/C was set to High Cool, 70 degrees. Same settings after the silencer kit were 56-57 decibels. A notable difference on the meter and to the ears. It was a bit pricey at $190, but it does state Made in the USA. Plus, anything to shut up the noisy Dometic is worth it in my opinion. Before installation I looked at the existing ductwork and tape job. Everything seemed to be in place. I will probably be ordering one for the bedroom in the near future. I can’t really put install one in the garage because, while it is ducted, the ducts are over the happy-jack bed system. We use the quick cool feature back there.

IMG_3075.jpgIMG_3076.jpg

12. Rear patio step storage
Every time I go to load the garage I have to unstrap the patio stairs from the floor, then take it out and put it on the ground, then strap it to the back of the golf cart after everything is loaded. Our garage is pretty well loaded when we pack and space is a premium. Yes, I could throw the stairs in the back of the truck. And no, I don't want to mess with that. So, I fabricated some tie down points that go underneath garage TV area of the 4007. The space under the TV is almost like it is made for the rear patio steps! They fit perfectly underneath the TV. I started out by ripping two sides of a 4x4, then routed them out for some airline tie down track. I covered the wood with the same wall paper as the walls. I wanted the tie down points to sit out far enough so when the stairs are up against the tie down points it doesn't interfere with the pull out drawer (as seen in the pictures).

IMG_3265.jpgIMG_3269.jpgIMG_3307.jpgIMG_3308.jpgIMG_3314.jpg

13. New Fridge and added Pantry
We had problems with our original fridge (Hisense--they were great with helping every step of the way) and when looking at new ones, I had a thought. What if we went with a little bit smaller fridge and added a small pantry? So that's what we did! The new LG fridge isn't that much smaller, but allowed me just enough space to build a small pantry to the side. I estimate that with the pantry and new fridge it actually weighs a little bit less than the original Hisense fridge. The pantry is made up of oak and a high quality oak plywood with four adjustable shelves. I took a trim piece with the stain color from Heartland into Sherwin Williams and they mixed up a stain to match. (Don't know why the picture turned sideways--Help?)
Fridge and Pantry.JPG

14. Sewer Hose Storage
I've had this done for a while now, but forgot to add it to the list! I will add better pictures if I think about it (or if someone else wants them). I needed these storage tubes to extend longer than the frame of the RV so that I could fit the Rhino Flex 20ft. kit (with the sewer 4 in one connection point) and a short transparent fitting. These tubes sit right behind the fuel tanks. On the right side of the RV (passenger side) I attached the bracket for the sewer hoses to the frame. On the left side (drivers side) I fabricated a bracket that attaches to the frame of the RV and extends past it to allow the storage tube to extend long enough to hold everything. I also made a bracket that attaches to the frame in the middle of the RV to help support the tubes. The tubes are bolted to everything, but the supplied brackets that came with the tubes are plastic. I'm sure it will hold up fine, but I went ahead and installed a "back-up" just in case the plastic support brackets break. The "back-up" (that can be seen in the pictures) consist of fuel tubing that has aircraft safety wire ran through it and attaches at a different point on the RV.

IMG_4549.JPG
IMG_4551.JPG
IMG_4553.JPG

Attachments

• CY 4007 satellite hookup.docx
    144.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Dmetcalf

Thought I would start a list of things I have done to our 2019 CY 4007. So far we love it, but there is always something to do on these things! Currently we are redoing our house, so any free time or any time I need a break from the house, I'll find something to do to the camper. Just like the house, it seems the list of things to do never really gets shorter!

We’ve had the Winegard Trav’ler in our last two trailers and really like it for when we’re “glamping”. Wife really likes to watch college football (Go Red Raiders!). This time around, I installed two Directv receivers (H25 model). I took our old one from the last trailer and installed it behind the main TV in the living room and the second receiver is for the bedroom TV. The receiver in the bedroom is dedicated to just that TV. I may (at some point down the list) see about adding another TV to the front storage area and tie it into this receiver. The other receiver is mounted behind the main living room TV and feeds the garage and outdoor TV via a device that takes the HDMI cable and sends a 1080p signal to the other TV’s through a splitter. This is made by VeCoax and is the Mini Mod 2. It takes a little bit to set it up (it’s more tech-savvy than me!), but seems to work flawlessly. I’ve had the wireless HDMI systems before, and really didn’t want to mess with it this time. Seems like, when they worked, they worked well, but I was always having to fiddle around with it. I did go through just about every coax fitting I could find and either fix or tighten them up (mainly, they needed to be tighter).

View attachment 61581View attachment 61582View attachment 61583View attachment 61584View attachment 61585

Ordered off of Amazon. Mounted to the front wall of the baggage compartment. I keep a little container beneath the soap dispenser so if/when it leaks, it won’t make a mess.

View attachment 61586

3. Added a door latch
Really, I think this is an oversight from Heartland. I called and they sent me the door latch that holds the front door open against the sidewall. Yes, it’s plastic and will break eventually, but works for now. With the West Texas wind, it was a two-person job getting the Morryde steps down! One person to hold the door open while the other person put the steps down!

View attachment 61587View attachment 61588

4. Electric reel latch
Another oversight from Heartland. This was yet again another two-person job. Now I can do it by myself (and not use tape to hold the door open). Speaking of the electric real, when I would pull it out or wind it in, I noticed it would always catch on the door panel trim. After looking at some other installations, it looked as if mine was missing a roller for the cord to roll on as it was winding up. So…roller added!

View attachment 61589View attachment 61590

5. Installed RVlocks
Convenience really. That’s all this mod is for. Original locks were separate keys. Now they are keyed alike and we have multiple ways of getting into the camper.

View attachment 61591View attachment 61592

They wires are for the Shwintek slides in the bedroom. The 4007 has a slide within a slide. You can see the before and after pictures. I would like to ask whoever installed that system and ran the wires they way they did (and left them in a bundled mess) if they were proud of the job they did. I added a junction box and put some plastic wrap on them. At some point I tackle the rats nest of wires in the battery/ generator compartment. At least I don’t see those as often!

View attachment 61594View attachment 61593

We also had this on our last camper. Wouldn’t be without one. I like the hard-wired version as its one less thing to forget or do. On our last camper, I wired it in where it would catch generator and shore power. This time, just shore power. When I put the surge protector in, I went ahead and added a hinge and latch to the panel that Heartland had screwed in. This way I can check for water leaks, etc. easier.

View attachment 61596View attachment 61595View attachment 61597

Well, when I went to put the Progressive surge protector LED indicator light into place, guess what? It would fit where the rest of the switches were! It stuck out too far to close the door. So, I made a custom panel that also includes the codes for the surge protector, along with some other switches that weren’t labeled. I left the Yeti pack, and Vent Fan switches in their original mount, but made a place for them on the panel. Also, you can see an opening for another accessory. That will either be the Mopeka propane monitoring system (if I decide to by it, still on the fence) or an “access panel”. I must admit that I did sort of copy this idea from the rv-project.com guy, but took it to another level for my needs.

View attachment 61598View attachment 61599

9. Toilet paper holder

View attachment 61601View attachment 61600

10. MCD Shades
Our CY 4007 has MCD shades everywhere except the bedroom and one window in the hall. These have the accordion style shades. After a couple of trips, the wife asked if we could install MCD shades in the bedroom. I said, sure why not?! On our third trip, after the first night, I was told to order shades; too bright in the bedroom for the wife to sleep in. Message received—installed MCD shades in the bedroom.

Pictures Coming soon

I recently saw a devise made my WackOProducts. It basically replaces the stock Dometic air intake and filter. The kit consists of a filter, base plate, and a cover plate. The base plate has some sound-deadening material applied to it. Only downfall I saw was that you lose the quick cool feature. I must admit, I was a bit skeptical on this devise. I took a chance and ordered it anyway. Before and after installation I took some decibel readings with an app on my phone (don’t know how accurate it is, but seemed to work). Before I was getting a consistent 67 decibels. This was with slides in, 80 degrees out and running the generator. A/C was set to High Cool, 70 degrees. Same settings after the silencer kit were 56-57 decibels. A notable difference on the meter and to the ears. It was a bit pricey at $190, but it does state Made in the USA. Plus, anything to shut up the noisy Dometic is worth it in my opinion. Before installation I looked at the existing ductwork and tape job. Everything seemed to be in place. I will probably be ordering one for the bedroom in the near future. I can’t really put install one in the garage because, while it is ducted, the ducts are over the happy-jack bed system. We use the quick cool feature back there.

View attachment 61603View attachment 61604

We purchased a 2019 Cyclone 4007 as well and we love tge mods you listed here ..!!!

Dmetcalf

13EF7BBF-7A4F-4021-ACFD-3A21C0136244.jpg

Here is a modification I made because I wanted a handrail going to the bedroom and bathroom so I made this from pipe. We like the look.

Matt750

We’ve had the Winegard Trav’ler in our last two trailers and really like it for when we’re “glamping”. Wife really likes to watch college football (Go Red Raiders!). I bypassed the 4 cable connection points at the UDC and hooked the cable up to a Directv splitter. This time around, I installed two Directv receivers (H25 model). I took our old one from the last trailer and installed it behind the main TV in the living room and the second receiver is for the bedroom TV. The receiver in the bedroom is dedicated to just that TV. I may (at some point down the list) see about adding another TV to the front storage area and tie it into this receiver. The other receiver is mounted behind the main living room TV and feeds the garage and outdoor TV via a device that takes the HDMI cable and sends a 1080p signal to the other TV’s through a splitter. This is made by VeCoax and is the Mini Mod 2. It takes a little bit to set it up (it’s more tech-savvy than me!), but seems to work flawlessly. I’ve had the wireless HDMI systems before, and really didn’t want to mess with it this time. Seems like, when they worked, they worked well, but I was always having to fiddle around with it. I did go through just about every coax fitting I could find and either fix or tighten them up (mainly, they needed to be tighter).

View attachment 61581View attachment 61582View attachment 61583View attachment 61584View attachment 61585View attachment 61651

View attachment 61586

3. Added a door latch

View attachment 61587View attachment 61588

4. Electric reel latch
Another oversight from Heartland. This was yet again another two-person job. Now I can do it by myself (and not use tape to hold the door open). Speaking of the electric real, when I would pull it out or wind it in, I noticed it would always catch on the door panel trim. After looking at some other installations, it looked as if mine was missing a roller for the cord to roll on as it was winding up. So…roller added!

5. Installed RVlocks

View attachment 61591View attachment 61592

They wires are for the Shwintek slides in the bedroom. The 4007 has a slide within a slide. You can see the before and after pictures. I would like to ask whoever installed that system and ran the wires they way they did (and left them in a bundled mess) if they were proud of the job they did. I added a junction box and put some plastic wrap on them. At some point I tackle the rats nest of wires in the battery/ generator compartment. At least I don’t see those as often!

View attachment 61594View attachment 61593

View attachment 61596View attachment 61595View attachment 61597

View attachment 61598View attachment 61599

9. Toilet paper holder

View attachment 61601View attachment 61600

10. MCD Shades

View attachment 61614View attachment 61615

I recently saw a devise made by WackOProducts. It basically replaces the stock Dometic air intake and filter. The kit consists of a filter, base plate, and a cover plate. The base plate has some sound-deadening material applied to it. Only downfall I saw was that you lose the quick cool feature. I must admit, I was a bit skeptical on this devise. I took a chance and ordered it anyway. Before and after installation I took some decibel readings with an app on my phone (don’t know how accurate it is, but seemed to work). Before I was getting a consistent 67 decibels. This was with slides in, 80 degrees out and running the generator. A/C was set to High Cool, 70 degrees. Same settings after the silencer kit were 56-57 decibels. A notable difference on the meter and to the ears. It was a bit pricey at $190, but it does state Made in the USA. Plus, anything to shut up the noisy Dometic is worth it in my opinion. Before installation I looked at the existing ductwork and tape job. Everything seemed to be in place. I will probably be ordering one for the bedroom in the near future. I can’t really put install one in the garage because, while it is ducted, the ducts are over the happy-jack bed system. We use the quick cool feature back there.

View attachment 61603View attachment 61604

12. Rear patio step storage
Every time I go to load the garage I have to unstrap the patio stairs from the floor, then take it out and put it on the ground, then strap it to the back of the golf cart after everything is loaded. Our garage is pretty well loaded when we pack and space is a premium. Yes, I could throw the stairs in the back of the truck. And no, I don't want to mess with that. So, I fabricated some tie down points that go underneath garage TV area of the 4007. The space under the TV is almost like it is made for the rear patio steps! They fit perfectly underneath the TV. I started out by ripping two sides of a 4x4, then routed them out for some airline tie down track. I covered the wood with the same wall paper as the walls. I wanted the tie down points to sit out far enough so when the stairs are up against the tie down points it doesn't interfere with the pull out drawer (as seen in the pictures).

View attachment 62100View attachment 62098View attachment 62099View attachment 62097View attachment 62096

Added rear patio step storage to the list. Thought I would post a reply to my thread so it gets updated and give others some ideas, especially if you have this little space like the CY 4007!

txtinman

4. Electric reel latch

Where did you find the roller? I think I need one on my Road Warrior.

Matt750

Added number 13 to my list of mods (fridge and pantry). We'll be camping in it over the new year, so we'll see how it works out!

Dmetcalf

Just installed a combo washer/dryer unit that is vented over the weekend. This is a Splendid unit that weight 147 lbs.. It was a bit of a struggle and it took a lot of patience but we got it after about 3.5 hrs.. But that also included installing a drain pan for it to sit on and running the drain hose to the underside if it. But as you can see it turned out perfect and the wife is pleased..!I also removed the tv and added some railing to use that shelf for her laundry supplies.

Attachments

• EDC06031-FC1C-4303-9EEB-7876EC82AD85.jpeg
    EDC06031-FC1C-4303-9EEB-7876EC82AD85.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Matt750

Just installed a combo washer/dryer unit that is vented over the weekend. This is a Splendid unit that weight 147 lbs.. It was a bit of a struggle and it took a lot of patience but we got it after about 3.5 hrs.. But that also included installing a drain pan for it to sit on and running the drain hose to the underside if it. But as you can see it turned out perfect and the wife is pleased..!I also removed the tv and added some railing to use that shelf for her laundry supplies.

Looks good nestled in there! I can imagine wrestling it up the stairs and over the bed! Was the vent hole location sticker in the right place for the outside vent install?

Dmetcalf

Looks good nestled in there! I can imagine wrestling it up the stairs and over the bed! Was the vent hole location sticker in the right place for the outside vent install?

I actually made the dealer install the vent when I purchased it. I wasn’t going to be responsible for drilling a 3 in. hole in the side of this $80K unit