Specific search query

KenJ

Is there a way to combine terms to search for exactly what your looking for. Example, I wanted to see if anyone had an opinion on using a stand-alone battery charger to charge R.V. batteries. I used "---" signs around both words in my query, also + sign between the words. Nothing works. I have heard that a stand alone car battery charger connected to a portable generator then to the batteries will charge quicker than just the generator connected to the shore power cord. I'd like to know more about that idea
Thanks.

danemayer

The generator power through shore power cord provides 120V AC to the Power Converter. The output varies, but I think you'd have to get a pretty big battery charger to equal the output. The Power Converters Heartland uses generally output from 55 to 80 amps. I doubt there's any significant loss going through the Power Converter compared to going through a battery charger. So it's probably just a question of output specs.

An 80 amp Power Converter costs around $230. Most battery chargers cost < $100.

As for search, if you're not getting anywhere with the Advance Search function on the forum, try from Google on your browser. Search term: heartlandowners.org:Generator and Battery Charger.

KenJ

The generator power through shore power cord provides 120V AC to the Power Converter. The output varies, but I think you'd have to get a pretty big battery charger to equal the output. The Power Converters Heartland uses generally output from 55 to 80 amps. I doubt there's any significant loss going through the Power Converter compared to going through a battery charger. So it's probably just a question of output specs.

An 80 amp Power Converter costs around $230. Most battery chargers cost < $100.

As for search, if you're not getting anywhere with the Advance Search function on the forum, try from Google on your browser. Search term: heartlandowners.org:Generator and Battery Charger.

Thanks for the input. That's a good idea regarding the google search.:eek: