Wax, polish and cleaners on graphics

jpmorgan37

Scott, is there any wax or polish that should not be used on the graphics on my Grand Canyon? My last fifth wheel manufacturer cautioned against using certain brands because it would cause them to crack or peel.
Thanks,

BluegrassMan

Cleaning your Trailer and Graphics

Hi: I'm not Scott, But I do clean and polish MY Grand Canyon. The Graphics are vinyl which is a petroleum based product and so is the adhesive. I would NOT use any cleaner that has a petroleum base! It could dry out the vinyl or attack the adhesive.

Todays vinyls are a better grade than the older graphics. Most are 3M brand. The Good grade vinyls are considered "10 year" grade there is also "5" year grade. My Son is in the vinyl sign business, that's what he told me.

I use Dry Wash n' Guard exclusively on my G.C. The classic car,streetrodder, antique car guys use this and looks great. I can pick my trailer out from others in the campground mainly because of the gloss.

I must warn you this stuff is NOT cheap ! But neither was our Grand Canyons !!!:D

jpmorgan37

Thanks BluegrassMan, for the information on the vinyl and adhesives. I don't think I've ever seen Dry Wash 'n Guard before. I searched the internet and found it. Do you use the Dry Wash 'n Guard Ultra-Ion or the Classic? I don't mind paying for quality as long as I get a quality product.:confused:

Last edited:

BluegrassMan

Dry Wash n' Guard

Hey Guy's:
I haven't switched to the Ion as of yet. I had plenty of the regular DWnG. I am switching this spring when I do my trailer for the 1st trip out. You won't believe how easy BUGS come off the front cap. I just wash them with a mit with the scrubbing side, in about 10 minutes the WHOLE cap is clean. Remember that DWnG comes off with SOAP and water. So just use plain water. The black streaks come off with a damp towel. You can get a clean swipe with just a brush of your finger. The Ultra Ion doesn't promote static electricity, it repel's it. Dust goes the other way!

Once you put the first coat on the trailer, it doesn't take very much after that. A little goes a LONG way. You can go right over the windows,wheels, tires,tailights etc. On the windows it acts like Rain-X. I love it.

Last edited:

jpmorgan37

Really appreciate the advice BluegrassMan. The BUG removal sounds fantastic. I've had many achey arms from scrubbing bugs off. I think that I will give the Ion a try since it is supposed to works on the newer stuff.