Wireless Back-up camera for a 30 foot travel tariler

farupp

We are looking for a used wireless back-up camera to mount on the rear of our 30 foot long Heartland North Trail. Are any available?

Thank you.

NP_Chief

Take a close look at the seller's feedback score. As a general rule, I won't order from anyone with les than 98%.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

wdk450

"Chinese Knockoffs" of all the brand name electronics that are made in China, too? What consumer electronics is made in the US any more?

When I use E-Bay, I set up the search criteria for "Buy It Now" (No bidding, just regular prices), lowest price and shipping first, I always buy with FREE shipping, and I have recently found on the left side of the page that you can specify that the seller is in North America or USA. Outside NA/USA can have long shipping transit times.

China can and does make most anything as good as US. Stealth fighter jets, airliners, naval aircraft carriers, lunar capsules, trucks, a modern freeway system, high speed rail. The China of today is not the cheap, knockoff China of 25 years ago.

Lynn1130

Stealth fighter jets, airliners, naval aircraft carriers, lunar capsules, trucks, a modern freeway system, high speed rail. The China of today is not the cheap, knockoff China of 25 years ago.

That is true but mostly because they have stolen our technology and reverse engineered it. There was just recently a piece on one of the networks about Amazon, and they are not alone, allowing businesses from China to sell counterfeit products on their site. Very little in product comes to us from the US any longer, but I also find that much of what I buy that comes from China is not the quality that we are used to and we are now accepting that as norm.

I also remember the days when we said the same about Japanese products and they did the same thing with many of our products but by and large they came up with many of their own ideas. I don't see that with the Chinese. I see our products coming back to us with "made in China" on it.

Sorry, I keep adding to this but, when you have an entire multistory building in a Chinese city that is dedicated to listening to us, stealing our technology and then reproducing it we are not protecting our own interests.

danemayer

China currently holds the title for the most powerful supercomputer, using their own chip designs that were done from the ground up. No doubt they learned from us, but they now are very capable of designing and manufacturing non-derivative leading-edge technology. Staying competitive in advanced chip design and manufacturing is very difficult. If all you do is copy from others, you will lag by years, not lead.

And China recently successfully landed on the back side of the moon and were able to communicate with that landing module. No one else has done that.

Some of our legislators are getting worried at the technology and market lead that China has taken on 5G cell technology.

On some things they no doubt cut corners and make junk. On others they are now the one to beat.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
A company I work for outsources many products from 3-4 different Chinese manufacturers. As I have worked with these manufacturers, I have found that they do not seem to comprehend the attention to detail or the quality requirements that we expect. They seem content to make an inconsistent product and remake it if we complain. When they remake, we don't necessarily get better quality, we just get more product. We have to overbuy and then do extensive quality control, to make sure we have 100% satisfactory product to sell to our customer. It is very frustrating, and makes me wonder about the conditions and expectations for workers in that country.

Lynn1130

On some things they no doubt cut corners and make junk

Much of that is on Ebay and Amazon.

Direct me to the article that says that they designed anything of their own from the ground up. Their ability to use our technology started with the seizing of the Pueblo and continued with the seizure of one of our spy planes. I seriously doubt that they have ever designed anything that was not technology stolen from us at some point in history or the Russians, who by the way, took much of their technology from the Germans and us.

My son in law spent a very long time is China helping them develop equipment to do some of what they do today. His take on them was that they have no concept of how to build much of anything without help from the outside. His take was that they are great at copying but that is about it.

And, ask me about Russian engineering. I was there in 1992 right after the wall came down and again last summer. Big change, but everything is US or Europe product and what is Russian is from those sources. They are still in the third world when you get outside of Moscow.

They have great vodka.

Lynn1130

I should clarify the Pueblo, since someone will say, Ah, but that was North Korea. Then you have to think about who has supplied NK since before the Korean War and who would benefit most from seizing an American spy ship.

wdk450

I am a former Navy CT (Communications Technician), like the guys who served aboard the Pueblo. I served with 2 of those same guys later on at a shore station in Virginia, after they were released by the U.S. making a statement of apology that was repudiated before it was given.

The North Koreans did very little with the technology. They tried to get our electronics guys to explain stuff and were led around in circles. The Soviets had a better idea of how to exploit this find. The North Koreans illegally firing on and seizing this ship in international waters was just some North Korean muscle flexing (they still tell their people they WON the Korean war), and oriental "face saving". They didn't have much of a technological emphasis in North Korea at that time, they were mainly paranoid about keeping the Kim family in power, and not having the country starve. The last 2 Kim's saw the value of government entities being advanced technologically, like counterfeiting US money with the best technology available, ICBM's and nuclear weapons. Unfortunately, they are the same old despots as before. I heard that the negotiating committee that failed to come up with an acceptable agreement with Trump were recently executed for that failure.

farupp

Since none of the recent posts have anything to do with my looking for a rear view camera for my TT, I have unsubscribed from the thread.