Wall between battery bay and cargo area.

bthornto

We upgraded to a 3000w inverter and I'm thinking we can do better than drywall screws into the battery bay backer board. Does anyone know if you can drill through the battery bay into the cargo area? I'd like to mount the inverter with some long bolts instead...IMG_20190504_073739.jpg

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

WillyBill

We upgraded to a 3000w inverter and I'm thinking we can do better than drywall screws into the battery bay backer board. Does anyone know if you can drill through the battery bay into the cargo area? I'd like to mount the inverter with some long bolts instead...View attachment 61729

That's exactly how I mounted ours. Remember to orient properly to optimize fan airflow the fan should be on the bottom.(that may vary by Manufacturer)

WB

bthornto

Meaning you drilled through and used bolts from the cargo bay? ( Or you used screws?)

WillyBill

Meaning you drilled through and used bolts from the cargo bay? ( Or you used screws?)

Bolts with nylon self locking nuts and fender washers on the wood side so it can't fall off the wall even if the wood compresses. Just measure and compare locations to make sure you don't drill through anything, LOL.

WB

bthornto

Thanks, it took longer to dig up four sets of bolts from the "bucket of misc" then to put it all together.

I don't think anyone will ever notice the stainless steel washers, zinc nuts and galvanized bolt combo :)

SLO

I did the same with nylock nuts only mounted my inverter in the cargo bay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk