Heartland Refuses To Authorize Warranty Work

ENG2242

There were several warranty issues submitted to Heartland for blatant constructional issues. They refuse to authorize reimbursement for repairs done by a Certified Master Technician. We all spent a substantial amount of money for these rigs, only to find out there is no support from the manufacturer. I would appreciate some direction, as this Tech deserves to get paid. Disappointed!!
David

danemayer

Hi David,

On Monday, I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. If you don't already know, they can tell you why the reimbursement has been refused.

It sounds like perhaps you had work done by a technician not at a Heartland dealership. Heartland is usually flexible about authorizing independent servicers, but they do require prior authorization.

Also, I have read a few times about differences of opinion between Heartland and repair shops. If Heartland believes a repair should cost $500, for example, but the tech wants $2500, Heartland will authorize $500.

Call and find out why you're getting a refusal.

carl.swoyer

There were several warranty issues submitted to Heartland for blatant constructional issues. They refuse to authorize reimbursement for repairs done by a Certified Master Technician. We all spent a substantial amount of money for these rigs, only to find out there is no support from the manufacturer. I would appreciate some direction, as this Tech deserves to get paid. Disappointed!!
David
I have to say Heartland has always approved warranty work on my Landmark. However if you had the work done and then you submitted it to warranty without prior approval that in it self could present a problem.
My Landmark Rushmore is now seven years old. And I love it..

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Chrisandsama

My inverter remote was not working, I diagnosed it and called Heartland for the replacement remote and changed it myself. It was a completely pleasant experience. But you must call for pre-approval first.

mlpeloquin

Under warranty I was never denied. I had my independent repair facility call for me and get permission. Never a problem so long as you get prior approval. I even asked for some small parts that I wanted to do the work myself, and they sent me the parts in two days. After the warranty expired, I had a semi major problem. After three weeks, Heartland gave a good faith payment covering just over half the cost. That two months after the warranty expired. So with prior approval, as they require, they do take care of their owners, but you must have prior approval.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Thank you for your help. Heartland is addressing the claim.
David

I am glad to hear that. I have always had great success in dealing with Heartland directly and have not had any claims denied. In fact, they approved things on our last rig after the warranty was expired. Heartland has been nothing but awesome for us!

Rod

avvidclif

Sounds like ones that were not pre-approved. The OP will have to let us know if he got pre-approval or not.