Scheduling repair at Heartland facility

greatheron

MD Chapter Member
We are attending the National Rally and have some problems with our 2017 Big Country3965DSS Lippert slide-in-slide. We requested that it be looked at as one of our courtesy repairs, but were denied. So, while we are in Goshen, we would like to see about making an appointment at the Heartland shop to have it looked at. Can someone direct us who t speak to and contact information? Or, can someone at Heartland direct us how to contact Lippert so we can schedule an appointment and go there to have it looked at?

Thanks in advance.

danemayer

Hi Craig and Connie,

Slide problems are really outside the scope of "minor service" that's being offered at the rally.

You should call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. But it may be a little late to get into the Elkhart Service Center next month; they usually book appointments many months in advance.

You might ask Customer Service to help you out in contacting Lippert, rather than just give you the phone number.

wdk450

It may also be difficult to get into the Heartland service center around the time of the Heartland National Rally as the factory service staff is used for the Rally small repairs on 200+ rigs, and then the service staff also likes to get early summer vacations in around the national rally service commitment.

jbeletti

Craig, consider contacting Infinity or Charger. Both are service facilities in the area. They too might be booked up - timing is of the essence here so consider reaching out in the morning.

NYSUPstater

OP,

If I may ask, what problems are you having w/ the S/S? We've had ours 2 years (man where the heck did the time go????) and while no probs w/ the S/S, we did have a prob w/ the outside trim on main slide of it. HL took care of it thru local dealer.

M

greatheron

MD Chapter Member
OP,

If I may ask, what problems are you having w/ the S/S? We've had ours 2 years (man where the heck did the time go????) and while no probs w/ the S/S, we did have a prob w/ the outside trim on main slide of it. HL took care of it thru local dealer.

M

We also bought ours two years ago and early on had problems with the selenoid(s) in the front trunk compartment and the slides would come in crooked or not completely. That problem was solved by local RV dealer. Repair was not covered.

Tech./Mech. told us to ALWAYS run slide completely in or out without stopping as the selenoids have a memory. Also said you can hold the switch for several seconds (or minutes) with no harm. If you have the BC 3965DSS, then you know you cannot accesss the bath room without pulling the slide out (at least not us!). We had been only pulling slide out enough to access the bathroom while on the road traveling.

Since we have been pulling slide in/out fully, no problems until the start to f this season. Now when at full extension it "bangs" like the gear is continuing to turn and we let up on the switch. We fear it is chewing/grinding the gear or track.

NYSUPstater

Lippert owns Schwintek so depending on how you make out w/ HL, may not be a bad idea to call Lippert as well and play nice w/ them and see what they say. In fact, when I was at our old RV dealer whom I still use, they informed me of how many brands Lippert owns which is like almost everything for a RV!

Worst case: contact RV Action line thru Trailer Life.

greatheron

MD Chapter Member
Lippert owns Schwintek so depending on how you make out w/ HL, may not be a bad idea to call Lippert as well and play nice w/ them and see what they say. In fact, when I was at our old RV dealer whom I still use, they informed me of how many brands Lippert owns which is like almost everything for a RV!

Worst case: contact RV Action line thru Trailer Life.

Heartland recommended contacting Lippert (strike 1), which I did and they tried diagnosing over the phone. They weren't interested in me dropping the coach by there for a look-see(strike 2).

Looks like the next step is taking Jim B's recommendation and contacting mobile service repair companies.

jbeletti

Heartland recommended contacting Lippert (strike 1), which I did and they tried diagnosing over the phone. They weren't interested in me dropping the coach by there for a look-see(strike 2).

Looks like the next step is taking Jim B's recommendation and contacting mobile service repair companies.

Affinity RV Repair Group
2380 E Kercher Rd, Goshen, IN 46526
(574) 971-5543
www.affinityrvgroup.com

Charger Enterprises
3100 Co Rd 6, Elkhart, IN 46514
(574) 262-2389

greatheron

MD Chapter Member
Affinity RV Repair Group
(574) 971-5543
www.affinityrvgroup.com

Charger Enterprises
(574) 262-2389

Thanks Jim! I was in the process of looking up Affinity.

I did call them and they said to stop by their shop before registering at the Rally. They can take a look and diagnose the problem and send a mobile unit to the fairgrounds if needed. Thanks again!

"Hi-Viz" Bill

Affinity RV Repair Group
(574) 971-5543
www.affinityrvgroup.com

Charger Enterprises
(574) 262-2389

At this time last year, I needed some warranty work done on our Landmark Newport, as our warranty period was coming to an end. After contacting Heartland Svc, their svc ctr was backed up .. I called Charger Ent ( who had done some previous work for us before), they were also booked out about 4 mos. Heartland Svc then directed me to a new Repair center they had heard of .. Affinity Group in Goshen. I called and they got me an app't in about 2 weeks!! Rod and his team were AWESOME!! They took care of the work promptly, were very business like, but friendly!! Rod told me I was the FIRST Heartland coach in their shop. A month or 2 later, when I took the Landmark back to Affinity to have an oven installed, Rod told me that they started calling their shop "Heartland South" due to all of the calls they had rec'd for svc. Longer story short, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Affinity Group for any service needs for your Heartland product. I have happily passed out many of Rod's business cards to fellow RV'rs in need!! :):)