Error on 50amp service

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
My internal Progressive Industries EMS is shutting down the 50 amp service into my RV and giving me an error code of E2. If I plug into the post’s 30amp outlet, everything works fine, so I am assuming the problem must be at the post outlet and not internal to my RV wiring (or I would still get an E2 on 30 amps service. Sound right? Just want to make sure the problem is at the post and not in my cord or internal prior to the RV.

danemayer

Gus,

I believe E2 signals an open ground at the pedestal. It could be a failure of the connection at the 50 amp receptacle on the pedestal; perhaps a loose wire.

Last time my EMS signaled a problem, the campground staff went on and on about how these EMS devices have so many false errors and that I should just take it out of the loop. I insisted they look further. The found several loose wires. Tightening the wires helped, but they also had to replace the receptacle and breaker. Probably cost them $30 in parts.

Last edited:

CDN

B and B
I have been really thinking of adding my Progressive ahead of the transfer switch in my Landmark. The diagnostics are things like this are great to know on iffy campground power.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Gus,

I believe E2 signals an open ground at the pedestal. It could be a failure of the connection at the 50 amp receptacle on the pedestal; perhaps a loose wire.

Last time my EMS signaled a problem, the campground staff went on and on about how these EMS devices have so many false errors and that I should just take it out of the loop. I insisted they look further. The found several loose wires. Tightening the wires helped, but they also had to replace the receptacle and breaker. Probably cost them $30 in parts.
I talked with the campground owner. He agrees that it’s probably a ground in the post because the 30 amp is working fine. We’re leaving soon and can get by on 30 amps for now. He’s getting an electrician to look at it when we leave so we can have power for now without moving.

Last edited by a moderator: