Front Jack issue

Cutlers

Hello, I hooked and unhooked my rig today and noticed that the off door side seemed lower that the door side. I finished unhooking and ran the front jacks up and down to see if they were working properly. The off side door jack is not going up or down, only the door side moves. looked at several threads about front jack issues and none seem to have this issue. The Lippert home page does not have a pdf of electric jacks. I would take this back to my dealer but it is 200 miles one way. Has anyone had this issue? If you have, can it be fixed simply? Thanks for the help in advance.

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Cutlers
Take a look at the connecting rod (shaft) that is between the front jacks inside the front storage compartment. Sometimes the connecting bolt falls out and lets the shaft spin free.

roazo

Sundance Owner
If you only have one motor, look and see if the square tube that connects it to the other leg is turning. A lot of us have had the nut come off and bolt fall out. The fix is to install a locking nut on the bolt.There is a bolt at each end so check both. Hope this helps you.

Cutlers

Today I took the flashlight and opened up the doors to the gen and propane compartments to look at the connecting shaft and motor. The connecting shaft has both bolts in it. The motor however, is loose and wobbles. Looking at the shaft while running the gear shows that the driveshaft is turning. I cleaned out the basement today and I'm going to take the front wall of the basement out tommorrow to get a look at the motor and see how it connects to the off door side jack. I can only see a little of the motor so I don't know yet why it would be so loose. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Big G

Big G
What have you found out Curtis? I'm interested in the out come, you probably have the same setup as I do.
Hopefully you've found the issue and were able to resolve it.
Best Regards, Big G

Cutlers

Had a tech from our local RV dealer(not a Heartland dealer) come out and diagnose the unit. He said that the jack leg gears and jack itself were bent and the jack would not move and that caused the shear pin to break and the gears to strip. I called Heartland and they then handed me off to Lippert. Lippert was good. Gave me a call number and told me that they would warranty it as long as the RV place called them before they performed any work. We did fish a piece of aluminum square tubing out of the bottom of the jack housing. It looks to me like a support piece of the coach. I don't know where it came from or how it got up by the jack. It has been bent and crushed. I'll post again when it has been fixed.
Here are some pics of the piece we found.

Attachments

• IMG_2790.JPG
    IMG_2790.JPG
    638.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2793.JPG
    IMG_2793.JPG
    604.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2789.JPG
    IMG_2789.JPG
    637 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2794.JPG
    IMG_2794.JPG
    601.3 KB · Views: 23

Big G

Big G
Welds

Something has bound up and pulled this piece loose. I thought supports were all double welded? Let us know what you find out.
Thanks for the pics, Big G