Squirrels

We have a 2015 cyclone 3110 toyhauler and found a squirrel nest with a baby in it up in the speaker box near the ceiling over the tv. We removed everything and cleaned everything, but the squirrel found the storage of quilts and shredded them for the stuffing. How do we keep the squirrels from getting up into the area. I think they are accessing it from basement up into the walls. Any thoughts?

Lynn1130

.22 long rifle. Sorry, that is a joke but you are probably going to have to find a way to close off any small access point from the ground. There are openings around the landing gear, below the outside control panel (water, TV etc) that will have to be closed. Even if you think it is too small, they will get in.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I had a red squirrel that decided to live in the basement. It died from lead poisoning.
Hope you can take care of yours as well.

Peace
Dave

CDN

B and B
Re: Stray Cat

Last Thursday we stopped at the dealer to have them replace a slide seal and AC Cover. We get to the campground and the better half hears a loud meowing from inside. There is a cat sitting on the counter. We try to capture this cat, took off. As the song goes the cat came back 3 times. We call the dealer and he informs me that the cat is a stray. The cat took off and we never saw him again. So any animal can be a stow away.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Red pepper flakes, The hotter the better. May need to reapply occasionally.
Apply them to the ground outside before they enter.

Cheap, from the dollar store work fine.

GK2018

Try some peanut butter and a rat trap, nice quiet and super effective. I'll be over for dinner when you fry em up!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hello we need help and advise - We have a squirrel problem. Last year, they made a nest near the home theater system it was our first year with this RV we NEVER had squirrels before in the old RV since 20 years at this place. We put some wire netting on and thought we had fixed the problem but this year they came back and ATE the grate under the fireplace to get in. Hope we can order a new part from the dealer... For the moment, my husband put wire behind the pannel to be sure the squirrel can't go inside we stay 2 hours far away. I read that the underside of the trailer is poorly insulated how to solve the problem what did you do to block all possible openings? One thousand thanks for your help....

Attachments

• grillage.jpg
    grillage.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 26
  • printemps 2021.jpg
    printemps 2021.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 22
  • printemps_1_2021.jpg
    printemps_1_2021.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 25

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Some how they are getting into the underbelly and finding their way inside. You have to look for every opening and seal them up. Check the openings in the frame especially the areas of the slide hydraulics if you have hydraulic slides, check all stress at any levelers. All openings.
I've found that 1/4 hardware cloth works well.

Peace
Dave

Hello we need help and advise - We have a squirrel problem. Last year, they made a nest near the home theater system it was our first year with this RV we NEVER had squirrels before in the old RV since 20 years at this place. We put some wire netting on and thought we had fixed the problem but this year they came back and ATE the grate under the fireplace to get in. Hope we can order a new part from the dealer... For the moment, my husband put wire behind the pannel to be sure the squirrel can't go inside we stay 2 hours far away. I read that the underside of the trailer is poorly insulated how to solve the problem what did you do to block all possible openings? One thousand thanks for your help....
Merci Dave, we will check to fix it, could you tell me what is 1/4 hardware cloth Is it metallic wire ?

thanks a lot

Hollandt

We have a 2015 cyclone 3110 toyhauler and found a squirrel nest with a baby in it up in the speaker box near the ceiling over the tv. We removed everything and cleaned everything, but the squirrel found the storage of quilts and shredded them for the stuffing. How do we keep the squirrels from getting up into the area. I think they are accessing it from basement up into the walls. Any thoughts?
Unfortunately you need to verify that they have not damaged any wiring also. I had problems with squirrels damaging the plastic gas line on one vehicle, wiring harness on two other vehicles, and the air filters on yet another. I tried to use repellants, etc. The only solution I found that worked was to thin the population in the area.

sengli

We had the same thing happen on a used coach we bought. I surmise they got in thru any random opening in the coroplast. But after looking I found they crawled up the front landing gear leg, and into the space around the pin box, or the front storage area to gain access. They to had a nest in various places in the coach. They ate and used the HVAC runs as nesting material. They were completely chewed off and gone. Also they ate all of the foam off of the water heater. And yes they did chew some wires too. No plumbing damaged though. So putting up the metal screens might keep them out of the living space, but they can do some real damaged to the mechanics in the under belly if left go!

The key thing is if the RV is left un-attended they just move in. I place moth balls under the coach when setting, not in it ....under it. Get some cans of foam and go crazy sealing every access point you see. Then shoot everything that moves!

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I crawled around under my rig and sealed every little crack including the areas around the landing gear, lower rear cap, around the slide mechanisms behind lower front and battery compartment. Don't skip sealing anything.

Peace
Dave

Some how they are getting into the underbelly and finding their way inside. You have to look for every opening and seal them up. Check the openings in the frame especially the areas of the slide hydraulics if you have hydraulic slides, check all stress at any levelers. All openings.
I've found that 1/4 hardware cloth works well.

Peace
Dave
Good saturday Dave, I need your help. like to know we are new in the rv world… we bought W/D Splendide and installed the machine works fine but the water dont do go to the tank…. (Overflow outside we have a video, my husband open the bottom f the rv to see the problem could you help us ?