Fresh Water holding tank issue

rvology

I would like to start by saying I’ve never put water in our fresh water holding tank.

I noticed that after returning home from a recent trip that our fresh water holding tank was full. This has never happened before and I did not fill it.

Can anyone tell me how and why this happened and how to prevent it from happening again.

Thanks Mike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Look at our Fresh Tank Fills by Itself user guide. Go to TOOLS/HUG-HEARTLAND USER GUIDES

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The check valve in your water pump might need to be reset (primed) or has gone bad, allowing water from your city water hookup to flow backwards through your water pump and beck into the fresh tank.

The easiest (and best) way to fix this is to get a brass check valve from Camping World or any other RV parts store (under $10) and put it in line just in front of the water pump.

Takes five minutes to put in and no tools needed.

I had to do it about a year ago and if I can do it...anyone can!

WaterpumpCheckValve-P4161994.jpg WaterpumpCheckValve-P4161999.jpg WaterpumpCheckValve-P4161998.jpg

rvology

The check valve in your water pump might need to be reset (primed) or has gone bad, allowing water from your city water hookup to flow backwards through your water pump and beck into the fresh tank.

The easiest (and best) way to fix this is to get a brass check valve from Camping World or any other RV parts store (under $10) and put it in line just in front of the water pump.

View attachment 61847 View attachment 61848 View attachment 61849

Thank you very much John.

rvology

I forgot to mention that how i noticed this was one morning i walked outside and noticed water dripping near the water low point valves. Im assuming this is in the area of the fresh water holding tank because the underside of the rv is enclosed and i can not see anything.

Thanks Mike

Should i be concerned about this or not

View attachment 61847 View attachment 61848 View attachment 61849

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I forgot to mention that how i noticed this was one morning i walked outside and noticed water dripping near the water low point valves. Im assuming this is in the area of the fresh water holding tank because the underside of the rv is enclosed and i can not see anything.

Should I be concerned about this or not?

The fresh water tank is most likely mounted over or slightly behind the axles, and you should find a valve on a blue pipe hanging just between the rear axles on the off door (drivers side) of the trailer...this is the fresh water tank drain valve.

ProwlerFreshDrain-P1000181.jpg

Plus, there should be small elbow tubes on each side just behind the rear tires pointing down...these are the fresh water tank overflow vents, which is where the water will run out of when the tank is overflowing.

I don't have a photo of these, but if you have water running out of those overflow tubes on both sides when you have the city water hooked up, then the check valve in your pump is bad and the brass check valve I posted above will fix your problem.

Until you fix that, you can just use the fresh water tank and water pump while you camp and don't hook up the water to the city water connection on your trailer.

rvology

The fresh water tank is most likely mounted over or slightly behind the axles, and you should find a valve on a blue pipe hanging just between the rear axles on the off door (drivers side) of the trailer...this is the fresh water tank drain valve.

View attachment 61874

Plus, there should be small elbow tubes on each side just behind the rear tires pointing down...these are the fresh water tank overflow vents, which is where the water will run out of when the tank is overflowing.

I don't have a photo of these, but if you have water running out of those overflow tubes on both sides when you have the city water hooked up, then the check valve in your pump is bad and the brass check valve I posted above will fix your problem.

Until you fix that, you can just use the fresh water tank and water pump while you camp and don't hook up the water to the city water connection on your trailer.

Thank you very much for your help.

Mike