Broken Window Opener

Anyone ever had this happen before? See photos. Parts all appear to be held together with pop rivets instead of bolts or screws. Ideas? Feel free to PM us if you’ve seen this before and can share a fix.
93660cf7f347d467fc5f370b8091f787.jpg

3257f8e6ebf1a5d933c466418539d69a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
That has popped out of the track in the window frame. Nothing really broken probably just needs popped back in.

wdk450

I had these "Casement" type window openers on my 1950's era house in Sacramento. I never ran into a double armed one, or one with rivets in the arm. The rivets would seem to be softer than machine screws, but are a much lower profile. If you wanted to go to screws on the arms, you could look at "button head" machine screws. The low profile nuts to go with them would be the big problem to find. I would definitely go with a low profile self locking insert nut, if you decide to replace the rivets.

To get the roller back into the window bottom channel, you may have to unscrew the actuator (crank thingy) from the window frame to be able to move the arm roller into the channel, then re-install the actuator on the window frame.

BTW, when these actuators fail, it is usually the teeth molded/machined at the base of the arm that mesh with a screw drive connected to the actuator handle (or knob) which strip out. Getting this double actuator might be a real problem, so maybe you might want to do your research now while there is no emergency, and buy one for your spare parts stock. Keeping the moving parts lubricated with grease wouldn't hurt, either.

MCTalley

We have one that pops out all the time, just like yours. If you are careful, you can pop the roller back in the channel. It'll hold for a while and will probably pop back out again. Just depends on how often you use the window. I haven't looked into a more permanent fix.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
I had a roller come out of the track. At the top of window there is a hinge or pivot. Remove one of the screws and slide the window enough to re engage the roller into the track, slide the window back and replace the screw in the hinge.

carl.swoyer

Anyone ever had this happen before? See photos. Parts all appear to be held together with pop rivets instead of bolts or screws. Ideas? Feel free to PM us if you’ve seen this before and can share a fix.
93660cf7f347d467fc5f370b8091f787.jpg

3257f8e6ebf1a5d933c466418539d69a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe that lippert sells a replacement crank out assembly.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk