Landmark Oakmont

steves

We just purchased a Landmark Oakmont.

We traded in our Jayco Designer in which the kitchen storage space was enormous. I was very concerned about losing kitchen storage space but, the cabinets in the Oakmont are so TALL that while I think I've lost some space, there's still a LOT there. I'll know better when we load it with food and gear next spring! But, I'm less worried about the storage space then I was.

We LOVE the separation of the rooms. Our 7 year old loves "his" room! (The Den with the drop down tv!) And we LOVE the bedroom with the REAL DOOR!

The closet space and storage is fabulous --- but, I wish the drawers in the bedrooms were a bit larger. We'll modify by hanging more in the closet and probably adding some storage drawer space in the closet as well.

We have found one issue for which we'll have to take it back to the dealer... Heartland forgot to run the hose from the vacuum to the outlet.... hence, when you try to turn the vacuum on, there is no suction -- and when you look through the outlet with a flashlight --- we see the underneath of the steps -- no vacuum suction hose! Oops! Our first trip back to the dealer with it!

We're towing our Oakmont wtih a F350 Diesel.

We'd love to hear from other Oakmont owners or perspective owners!

Jill and Steve
Indiana

jbeletti

We have found one issue for which we'll have to take it back to the dealer... Heartland forgot to run the hose from the vacuum to the outlet.... hence, when you try to turn the vacuum on, there is no suction -- and when you look through the outlet with a flashlight --- we see the underneath of the steps -- no vacuum suction hose! Oops!

Steve and Jill,

I passed this to the Production and QC Directors this morning. They will check the production line today to make sure we are doing this work properly. My guess is that the hose is there but that it was improperly attached to the back of the vacuum port. Thanks.

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jill & Steve, Welcome to the Heartland family and forum. We were in Rockport TX for service last week and pulled in next to an Oakmont being prepped for delivery. I did a double take when I saw the "back door". What the? Once I realized it was an Oakmont I had to get a look. Great looking unit. Travel Safe!