Water pump cycling

danemayer

Hi Mike-n-Cheryl,

The pump has a pressure sensor built in. When faucets are opened, the pressure in the line drops and the pump senses the drop and starts pumping. When you close the faucets, the pump continues for a short period until pressure in the line builds back up.

When it cycles on and off with faucets closed, that usually indicates a leak in the plumbing. It's also possible that it can be due to a pump problem, but since you just replaced the pump, it's probably something else.

It's important to locate the leak and fix it as it can lead to extensive damage.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I was able to cure that once by rotating the Anderson valve out of position then back to NORMAL.
Since your problem got worse after changing the pump, recheck your connections AND the filter bowl at the pump.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'd say it's 1 of 3 things.
1) check valve in the pump not sealing
2) Anderson Valve allowing water to bypass internally, going back to the fresh water tank.
3) A leak in the water system.

SLO

Everything above are good suggestions. Make sure your toilet flush valve is shutting off completely. Air in line can cause problems. Make sure to bleed air out of your outside shower or hose connection. If you have a washer hookup you would have to bleed that line too, hot and cold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sksierra

Might be a good idea to check your winterization valve too. If it isn't sealed it will draw air into the system also.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk