What to do

busted2341

As prospective owners and looking for about 2 months now, trying to compare floor plans etc....We have come to the conclusion that we really like the B/H 3400 or 3055. My problem is the 3400 will have to use 2 A/C's and since we camp alot at state parks this option really doesn't do any good since they are all 30 amp parks. The 3055 is my choice but no one will answer the A/C question. At 34 feet I would think this A/C will cool great and keep me in the 30 amp state parks. My wife wants the King b3ed which we were told is standard on the 3055 now. Well, that is my big delema. Any response would be nice from anyone with what they found on cooling the B/H or when the king is available on the 3055????.

Dusty

Busted,
I have a BH3500 which is 37 feet long and i have only 1 air conditioner. It gets moderately warm in summer in central Texas and I haven't had any real trouble staying comfortably cool. It is admittedly marginal on 100 degree days, but other than that, it is fine. I also camp lots of state parks and the largest part of them here are 30 amp sites although a few are now offering some 50 amp sites.

Dusty

busted2341

Thanx Dusty. I will take that under advisment, I hope my wife does not see this, but I think at the coast the A/C might be a problem. We are kind of set in our ways and I would hear it if with only 1 A/C it cooled to 80 or so degrees and that was it....anyway I still prefer the 3055...thanx for all the input

K

Ken Washington

Hi Busted,
I have a 37 ft. Grand Caynon and had to add the second air conditioner. The unit was checked out three times from head to toe and nothing was wrong with it. With all the space and so many windows, one unit just would not keep up! We are looking forward to this summer to see how well it will cool now.

jpmorgan37

Hello Busted,
Do yourself a favor and get thermopane windows. It will make a world of difference in heating and cooling and they don't care whether it's 30 amp or 50 amp. For the extra dollars, it sure makes the inside a lot more enjoyable, both temperature wise and lack of outside noise. Also you might want to check out some Corps of Engineer Parks. Most offer both 30 and 50 Amp sites and we have found them quite nice on average.

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

HI Busted
You did not say which coast, or the area you camp at. My wife and I have spent several hot months in south Fl. The temps there are pretty hot during the summer and the humidity does not help. The single air unit in my Grand Canyon would not cool the fiver down below 80 degrees in the hot afternoon sun, so maybe the thermopane windows will help, how much I don't know.

busted2341

Just to let ya'll know, plan to order this weekend, I think our mind was made up last weekend. We spend alot of time at Paort Aransas Texas at Pioneer park, humidity is awful and the heat is, well, HOT. Anyway I think the 33' 3055 with 1 A/C will work...Hope so.....

timk

Busted,

Welcome to the family.

If one ac turns out to not work, well.... you could allways go someplace well,... pleasant.
TimK

K

Ken Washington

It's wired for a second a/c and takes about two hours to install. My bet is you will end up with one! Good luck and I know you will enjoy your new trailer.

busted2341

..Just an update. We ordered our 3055 today...Not to sure about the interiour color. I guess I will worry about it until it arrives and we see it...Anticipating the arrival mid April....We hope....

jcd8822

Joseph
We have the 2006 3500RL with two A/C units. The previous unit we owned only had one air and we placed one of those thin "tower" fans in the living area for during the day. If the unit had the 85 per cent tinted windows we not have it would have been better. We are West of Houston and it pretty hot here, but I believe you will be o.k. with what you ordered. If not, just save your coins for a second air for the bedroom. You are going to love your new 5th wheel. We are sold on ours and would not own any other brand than Heartland.

Joseph