Boy, TL forum mods don't like negativity against owner of CW & GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSUPstater

Following a thread on TL forum where the OP saw where he thinks CW is in $$$ trouble. Course this tends to lead onto other things like Gander Outdoors which is owned by same guy who owns Camping World. Seems many GO sites are setting up to sell RV's and some CW stores now selling hunting/fishing supplies.

So point of this is that one person replied on how the owner of CW & GO said once that if your a Trump supporter, don't bother to shop at my stores. Well guess the mods didn't like it, cuz they removed it. IMO, the poster was only stating facts, so I didn't see why it was so bad/taken down. Has it come down to this, that posts (particularly against CW) cannot state anything bad about CW and soon GO RV based on the owners dislike for certain people? :confused:

jbeletti

Facts or otherwise, posts like that on that forum (or any forum really) can be pretty polarizing. They never end well once those with differing opinions are posted. Likely how this one may go :)

Fox

Would you please explain all of your abbreviations?

My google search for TL turns up the Acura automobile.
CW? Camping World?
GO? Go Camping?
Gander is the only one I understand (locally they were always extremely overpriced).

If you expect my sympathies then you need to separate your accusations (and politics) from established facts.

Personally my (R) affiliations have recently taken an abrupt U-turn. YMMV.

jbeletti

Would you please explain all of your abbreviations?

My google search for TL turns up the Acura automobile.
CW? Camping World?
GO? Go Camping?
Gander is the only one I understand (locally they were always extremely overpriced).

If you expect my sympathies then you need to separate your accusations (and politics) from established facts.

Personally my (R) affiliations have recently taken an abrupt U-turn. YMMV.

GO - Gander Outdoors
CW - Camping World
TL - Trailer Life (forums)

NYSUPstater

TL = Trailer Life
CW = Camping World
GO = Gander Outdoors
OP = Original Poster

Just mearly saying it's interesting how ones point of view (which by the way wasn't mine and didn't post it) how if you say something negative about a company/person, especially if a person has publicly said how his views to others if different from his, not to shop at his stores, get deleted. I fully understand it has nothing to do w/ topic, but as forums go, many times do they go off topic. In this case the poster (or at least the one who replied) was saying how the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) and owner of CW & GO did in fact say sometime ago that if you back a certain political party person...then not to shop in his stores. Moderator deleted this particular post. There was another comment within that post pertaining to the OP's topic, but also included what the CEO had said. I neither agree or disagree with what the poster had written, just commenting that how he was attempting to make a point and apparently the moderators felt it reflected negatively on owner/CEO of both stores.

I have shopped at CW & Gander Mountain (now Gander Outdoors), but like many, shop around nowadays. Have read too, many posts on CW's horrible service on RV's, yet they don't get deleted. There are many facts and opinions on the net, yet if one is bad about a backer to something, boom, it's gone. No different than if one like s GM and says Ram's and Ford's are junk and vice-versa. I could say here that Prez Trump is awesome or a disgrace. If mod felt it went against his/her belief's, then it too could be deleted. Just seems that everything is getting so "politically correct", that if someone disagrees w/ you, folks get upset.

Am not trying to get this thread deleted either, but just stating my opinion/voice.

jbeletti

Trailer Life is owned by Good Sam who's parent is Camping World. It stands to reason that the moderators of the Trailer Life forum will not allow besmirching of their companies on an online community they own.

Similarly, the Heartland Owners Forum is owned by Heartland RVs. It's here to connect and help users of Heartland products. It is not here for users to besmirch the name of Heartland. Moderators here will do their best to keep things on track but if it's apparent that a user is "on a campaign" to besmirch Heartland or dissuade buyers, that won't fly here.

It's likely that the OP on the TL forum wasn't aware of the ownership of that online community by CW.

My post above is not meant to point fingers at anyone - just explaining my take on the approach taken by owners of online communities.

Thunderbolt

First of all, I will never be politically correct. Tell the truth. If I don't like a company, I will spend my money elsewhere. Jim helped me when I was at the point of trading our RV for another. All RV's have teething issues but the help from Jim and others at Heartland showed me that the dealer can do a lot to ruin the reputation of a company. Again, when I see all of the foolishness on line, bad reviews, and so on, I always think, "Wonder if that is a competitor blasting this item or company". I have read a lot about the owner of Camping World political statements. Camping World isn't the only source for equipment, supplies, and a RV's. So if you don't like a certain company don't do business with them. Amazon has everything Camping World does and probably more.

I have to say this to make Jim laugh. I wonder when Amazon will start selling RV's?

LBR

I have to say this to make Jim laugh. I wonder when Amazon will start selling RV's?

Probably soon....Amazon already sells prefab homes complete with free shipping!
9f995fa983120c5055235a292b8fe5d8.jpg

Bogie

I didn't see the thread on Trailer Life forum, nor do I know what was actually posted. If in fact the poster stated that "the owner of CW & GO said once that if your a Trump supporter, don't bother to shop at my stores", it may have been taken down because it was inaccurate.

The original comment from Mr. Lemonis was about specific comments Mr Trump made about a specific incident. This was in 2017. If you want to know what he actually said and why, look at this LINK. BTW....He was not alone in his comments.

avvidclif

I didn't see the thread on Trailer Life forum, nor do I know what was actually posted. If in fact the poster stated that "the owner of CW & GO said once that if your a Trump supporter, don't bother to shop at my stores", it may have been taken down because it was inaccurate.

The original comment from Mr. Lemonis was about specific comments Mr Trump made about a specific incident. This was in 2017. If you want to know what he actually said and why, look at this LINK. BTW....He was not alone in his comments.

Yep, that's what he said. And I think Trump was right, neither group was in the right. So I don't shop there.

southernlady5464

One thing I’ve learned as an owner/admin of forums is to not let people bring drama from one forum to another. You never know who is reading.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
This thread is likely to evoke many opinions that may not be in line with the the original posting intent.
Thread closed.

Peace
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.