Big Horn Sofa/Table slide

Hoosier Wolverine

I just took delivery of my (new) 2008 3400RL Bighorn. While doing an overall look for manufacturing oversights, I found an issue with my door side slide. The two screws that secure the black underlayment material under the slide had pulled through the black rubberized material at the rear end. This material also had a small tear (about 2 inches). The plywood was slightly chipped where one of the screws had pulled out.
I'm concerned now that merely putting new screws in a new location won't solve a greater problem.
I'm wondering now why there's no sealant where this plastic material ends. Water will be able to penetrate and damage the plywood. Has anyone had a similar issue?...Your thoughts please as I prepare to take my unit in to have these few iniatial problems addressed.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have an RL and just looked under the slide. I have no idea what you are refering to. Can you post a picture? You may want to go to your dealer and point out your problem area to him on a similar model that he may have on the lot.
Peace
Dave

Hoosier Wolverine

Dave
Thanks for your reply.
At the moment I have no way to post a picture. I have an appointment to take it to the dealer to address a few initial after purchase issues. The loose and torn slide bottom is one of them. I'll let you know about the fix.
John

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hoosier, your problem may lie in the fact that you picked up a 2008 Bighorn at this late date. The 2009's have been out since late last year, so your rig may have been sitting on the lot for a long time, and been moved around. I would also check on your tires and look for the mfg date. If you got Chinese "bomb" tires as well, they need to be examined for dryness and cracks and bubbles. Good luck.

Hoosier Wolverine

Larry,

Yes, this is a unit that had been on the lot for a while. It is a 2008 that remained unsold after the 2009s came out.
I do indeed have the Chinese "bomb" tires. They are what they are and I'm not pleased about them after reading all the information here about them, but there's little I can do except keep my eye on them or replace them at my expense. Thanks for the heads up...

Hoosier Wolverine