Mattress topper instead of mattress?

jlbash1

Wanting to do something to replace the "teddy bear" thin mattresses on the bunks. Was wondering if a 3 or 4 inch thick foam mattress topper would be ok? Wasn't sure that would be thick enough on its own.

Hopefully someone has some experience with this.

Thanks

MTPockets

Wanting to do something to replace the "teddy bear" thin mattresses on the bunks. Was wondering if a 3 or 4 inch thick foam mattress topper would be ok? Wasn't sure that would be thick enough on its own.

Hopefully someone has some experience with this.

Thanks
We used a 4” foam topper on top of the mattress. We loved it.

esscobra

very happy with 4 inch topper - serta one from sams club - liked so much bought and installed one at home as well

sengli

After trying out the OEM mattress in our landmark for one night, we went mattress shopping. But really not liking the $1k plus for a mattress option. And even if you spend the big money, the mattress might not be that great, you just never know.

We went with a sealy 3" foam topper and instantly the bed is perfect for us anyway. I sleep better in the RV than I ever have now.

I purchased a 4 inch gel foam mattress Queen size and cut it down to fit the 2 bunks. Saved the 2 kiddie mattress and put both inside a single size mattress cover.It makes it a little hard to make beds but the 2 boys don't complain about having a sore back !!!!!! I should have said 1 teddy and 1 gel foam into a mattress cover.Queen size was just enough for 2 bunks when cut

jlbash1

Thanks for the feedback!

this make me feel better about going with a topper instead of a mattress. I was planning on cutting a queen in 1/2 also, should save a little $$.

Jarrod