Bitter Cold.........

Uncle Rog

We have just finished having the "cave" painted, sad news, we had to have the recliners moved from the horn back to the wine room........they were just too big.............
The weather has turned nasty, today it was only into the low 70's and tonight it is already down to 55........I guess winter is here! Thanks to all you folks for your winterizing tips, this brutal weather just snuck up on us and now we are scrambling to get ready for the camping season.......

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Uncle Rog, My heart goes you to you in your streak of bad weather. Must be rough. Here in Wisconsin we just had our first snow. Fall is finally here.
Peace
Dave

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Uncle Rog,

Rub it in a little more. Between you and my husband who is spending a week in San Diego for a conference, I am hearing about a lot of warm weather while its cold, windy, rainy, then icy here.

Kristy :p:p:p:p:p:p

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Roger, that sounds like darn nasty weather. We have been plagued with low 80's here in Corpus. The only time the sun doesn't shine is a night. I don't know how much more of Winter I can take. Cookie! Do you have your shovel, plow, blankets, tire chains and hot chocolate ready. Hee hee hee.

Uncle Rog

Ray, coincidentaly, we had lunch with my cousin in Palm Springs on Fri, they are from the Arlington Tx area. He is a retired MD and they have time shares all over the place, mostly in CA. They spend Jan in Costa Rica. They love the BigHorn but prefer the faster pace of flying around................

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
We have just finished having the "cave" painted, sad news, we had to have the recliners moved from the horn back to the wine room........they were just too big.............
The weather has turned nasty, today it was only into the low 70's and tonight it is already down to 55........I guess winter is here! Thanks to all you folks for your winterizing tips, this brutal weather just snuck up on us and now we are scrambling to get ready for the camping season.......

:p Yep you got it rough. Ain't seen a day without snow, ice, freezing rain or temps above 34F in the last 7 days on my trip to Grande Prairie Alberta. Was pretty snotty through ND last week.

Currently 30F and flurries just east of Elkhart.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Roger, that sounds like darn nasty weather. We have been plagued with low 80's here in Corpus. The only time the sun doesn't shine is a night. I don't know how much more of Winter I can take. Cookie! Do you have your shovel, plow, blankets, tire chains and hot chocolate ready. Hee hee hee.
Ray, I thought there were rules on this forum regarding unmerciful harassment.:p

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
At least in Michigan we can identify the seasonal changes, like when the orange cones sprout up along the freeway, it's Spring. When they blossom into barrels, it's Summer. The blooms close up into cones again for Fall, and the potholes in the pavement are the result of the cones dying off. Then it's Winter. If they're into some serious gardening, the detour signs come out. Happens every year, just like clockwork.

Uncle Rog

We can tell winter is coming when the oranges and tangerines start to turn orange and the avocados are ready to counter top ripen. The hottest months are june-sept, the cooler months are nov-mar, and the rainy season is from usually mid dec - april, with anything possible at any given time, it rained Sat night. It is supposed to be back to 90 here on Friday!....Yee Haa..........

wagenman

JohnDar said it all...lol

We woke up in Michigan this morning to over 1 inch of snow on the ground!! I guess its time for the cones to start changing into potholes... We got one trip to northern Michigan in last weekend and it was down in the mid 20's... Looks like we will be MIA for the next few months...

billd

I prefer the CA winters like Rog.

I stll do need a shovel, for making sandcastles. I enjoy the snow, it looks great on the mountains when I drive by.

:)None

Bill

Uncle Rog

Bill, you are a little closer to the beach than we are, we are an hour from the beach, the mountains and the desert.......I'm not sure where that puts us?

sharmulst

We love these California winters. It was 40 this morning here in Lytle Creek. On the 17th we go to Indian Waters at Indio for 2 weeks. It sure beats what South Dakota had last week.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
we know it is winter in the Pacific North West when it rains for days followed by wind then more rain for days. Sometimes it feels like the beach is just out the door not 5 miles away. At least we don't have to shovel the rain....

Uncle Rog

Rand, see you this time around, Sharm, watch out for dem inglish down ther in Indio...................................

billd

Bill, you are a little closer to the beach than we are, we are an hour from the beach, the mountains and the desert.......I'm not sure where that puts us?

Roger, It puts in a great place to get to campsites very quickly. I prefer more desert camping than beach camping. Spend a lot of time out at the Colorado river in the Parker, AZ area.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We feel for you too Uncle Rog...it's brutal here in Mission in the RGV too...high 80's and low 90's...it's tough!! Yesterday the winds kicked up and made it almost impossible to enjoy the pool...oh well, there's always tomorrow. Hopefully, not sure though after the temps dropped to the low 70's last night. BRRRR!!

Guess we'll just have to cope...;)

Delaine and Lindy

Been there and done Mission, Tx and hope to return there some winter, but not this winter. We are in Gulf Shores now and will be moving on down to Fla. We will be in Zephyrhills Fla. Palm View Gardens on 1 Jan until Mar.

When in Mission we have stayed in Bensen Grove and at the Green Gate. We prefer that area because it not close to the Beach. Have stayed at Corpus Christ and the salt spray isn't for us. Being on the Gulf is different and the salt spay isn't a problem. No matter were your at if it wasn't for the Veterans we couldn't do what we are doing.

A big THANK you to all Veterans on this day. May God continue to keep you safe and bless you for your service to our Country. GBY....