6 Volt Batteries

I operate 6 volt batteries for my Landmark 2019 Lafayette, I have 6 interstate 6 volt batteries that are starting to fail. I would like to ask the forums advice on a better quality 6 Volt battery to go with.
We have 3 160 Watt solar panels and would like good batteries to handle good storage of solar generated power.

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Looks like you have a 2019 Landmark 365. Were the failing batteries new when you bought the Landmark? If so, that would be a pretty short life, suggesting you might have a problem other than the batteries. Maybe the solar charger?

Thank you for you,re response, but no the batteries transferred from my previous landmark Newport. I never felt like they were quality batteries from the start. We are getting ready to start full time Rving and would like to start out with quality batteries.

LBR

Depending on your needs, the Lithiums totally rock! Our CY perculates with 400 AH of LiFeBlues.

carl.swoyer

I operate 6 volt batteries for my Landmark 2019 Lafayette, I have 6 interstate 6 volt batteries that are starting to fail. I would like to ask the forums advice on a better quality 6 Volt battery to go with.
We have 3 160 Watt solar panels and would like good batteries to handle good storage of solar generated power.
If your batteries are low on distilled water that would cause a short charge cycle. Corrosion on the post and battery cables?. If the batteries have been run for an extended period of time they may have been damaged.

Myself personally,
I use 4 Deka group 31 AGM batteries. Maintenance free , can be run down low and charge quick. The AGM batteries are less expensive than the lithium .

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

LBR

Can an you give me more info on your batteries, price, are these 6 volt and the model I should look at.

Both Battleborn and LiFeBlue lithiums cost approx $950 per 100AH and are both 12 volt. While up front cost is high, the long term value can provide you a huge payback depending on your future RV demands.

Battleborns are the most popular and are sized @ 100AH each.

LiFeBlues are sized @ 100, 125, 150, 200, 300AH each and are bluetooth abled. I chose 2-200AH batteries with room for a third one should I wish/need it.

Both brands have very similar 10 year warranties.

Both Battleborn and LiFeBlue lithiums cost approx $950 per 100AH and are both 12 volt. While up front cost is high, the long term value can provide you a huge payback depending on your future RV demands.

Battleborns are the most popular and are sized @ 100AH each.

LiFeBlues are sized @ 100, 125, 150, 200, 300AH each and are bluetooth abled. I chose 2-200AH batteries with room for a third one should I wish/need it.

Both brands have very similar 10 year warranties.

Where can the lifeblues be bought, ant idea as to what the cost is for the 300AH

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I like the Lifeblue for there simplicity. They have the built in bluetooth and a app for your phone. You can monitor everything frome your phone. Even from inside the truck.
Nothing to install nothing to wire in.

They say the Lithium battery are good up to 3000 cycles and possibly much more.
You can see mine have been in for a while now. Possibly a 8 months or more and i have only used up 11 cycles.

dc5f56323fddeb7e6d5e1df81070f944.jpg
fd64e3909d85cbc4e12b9b1837960ffd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I like the Lifeblue for there simplicity. They have the built in bluetooth and a app for your phone. You can monitor everything frome your phone. Even from inside the truck.
Nothing to install nothing to wire in.

They say the Lithium battery are good up to 3000 cycles and possibly much more.
You can see mine have been in for a while now. Possibly a 8 months or more and i have only used up 11 cycles.

dc5f56323fddeb7e6d5e1df81070f944.jpg
fd64e3909d85cbc4e12b9b1837960ffd.jpg

May I ask how many batteries and what AH size do you use, what type of devices do you operate and for how long. I guess I don't understand what a cycle equates to, thank you your replays, it's greatly appreciated

LBR

Here is one of the 200AH battery's status now. Each time this battery gets discharged and recharged 200 amps, it is counted as one cycle.
8007bb7dd64a53a9e0a7622768d7c171.jpg
e5cd029ccb654803259e56badc6cca84.jpg
739a2c6681034f7ef40f6a53b3f18322.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

May I ask how many batteries and what AH size do you use, what type of devices do you operate and for how long. I guess I don't understand what a cycle equates to, thank you your replays, it's greatly appreciated
I have 2 -150AH = 300AH batteries in my battery box, that replaced 4- 12v group 24 batteries. It is all over kill for what we do, but I wanted to do it right. We are hooked up to shore power most of the time.

LBR

Where did you get this info ? I've never seen it before
540098c1901ef1b668305b3c3ea35c14.jpg

Directly below the "Health:perfect" on main screen, hit the 3 horizontal dots and put in the password "1234".

These lithium batteries only have 4 cells at 3.6 volts each to equal the 14.4 volts. Each of the 8 green dots stand for an individual status, along with the voltage shown of each cell.

My thoughts are if for some reason a cell may develop an issue (such as too low/high of voltage compared to the other 3 cells) we can screenshot it periodically for documentation to the battery rep to probably receive 100% adjustment on a new battery.

How many of us would die to have had this technology for proof of a bad cell in our batteries....lol.....I love this brand of lithium!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Directly below the "Health:perfect" on main screen, hit the 3 horizontal dots and put in the password "1234".

These lithium batteries only have 4 cells at 3.6 volts each to equal the 14.4 volts. Each of the 8 green dots stand for an individual status, along with the voltage shown of each cell.

My thoughts are if for some reason a cell may develop an issue (such as too low/high of voltage compared to the other 3 cells) we can screenshot it periodically for documentation to the battery rep to probably receive 100% adjustment on a new battery.

How many of us would die to have had this technology for proof of a bad cell in our batteries....lol.....I love this brand of lithium!
Nice
Thanks for the info.
Yes i am very happy with them and the bluetooth feature.

I would to thank everyone for their input on this battery topic, I have decided to go with 2 200 amp hour lifeblue batteries. The app to monitor the batteries is a huge plus, thanks again everyone.

porthole

Retired
I would to thank everyone for their input on this battery topic, I have decided to go with 2 200 amp hour lifeblue batteries. The app to monitor the batteries is a huge plus, thanks again everyone.

You’ll be pleased.

1/3 the weight
2x the capacity (100ah at 100% versus 100ah at 50% depth of discharge)
100% discharge capable
10x the life over lead acid

And they can be mounted just about anywhere.
I have 6 mounted in our front closet. Opened up storage areas in the basement.