Ready to order a new truck to pull the "planned" Heartland trailer

jbeletti

Hi all,

I am about to pull the trigger on the new truck to pull the "planned" purchase of a Heartland Landmark - Mt. Rushmore!

I have settled on a 2005 Dodge RAM 3500 4X2 Quad Cab Dually Laramie.

Went with a 1 ton dually for obvious reasons but decided on the 4X2 for these reasons:

- Don't hope to need 4WD
- Less cost (i.e. more $ avail. for creature comforts)
- Less weight (i.e. higher tow capacity)
- Less components (i.e. less stuff to maintain/go wrong)
- Lower truck height (i.e. wife can get into the truck easier)

Going with the Light Almond color to better match the tan colors on the trailer.

Working on "best deals" for the truck right now. Current best price is Dealer Invoice less $200 less current incentives.

Jim

J-W&E

Rail height on 2005 Dodge 4x4 question

We have a Dodge 2005 diesel 4x4 DRW 1 ton. The rail height at the trailgate is 58 inches. What is the height on the 4x2 that you own and what will your rail clearance be when pulling the Landmark?

Thanks

Cheryl

Jim,
Were you able to get the dually in the almond color? You can't get it now - only with a single wheel base.

jbeletti

Hi Cheryl,

Nope - as it turns out, each time I was building the dually on the Dodge website, due to poor site design, I was able to select Almond but when it came time to place the order, I found that the colors for duallies were more limited.

Left to me, I would have chosen white but my wife over-rode that decision and chose Deep Molten Red. Probably a good call as it really looks nice.

Let us know what you get!

Jim

Attachments

• 12140810_10206583210966219_2845783302308084980_n.jpg
    12140810_10206583210966219_2845783302308084980_n.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 10

nemo45

We ordered our 2005 Dodge 3500, Quad, SRW, CTD, in tow-tone patriot blue and silver. I don't believe you can get two-tone in the DRW's either. We're going to get nerf bars, stainless steel wheel well trim and a quad fold solid tonneau cover for it also. We have that tonneau cover on our 2500 hemi and really like it. It folds to about 18" when opened from the rear and has straps with snaps to keep it folded while traveling if yout hitched to the fifth wheel. You can also open the front panel to access stuff in the front of the bed.

jbeletti

Don,

Your cover sounds like Fold-A-Cover. I researched that one, Access Cover, Truxedo and a couple more. I really liked the Fold-A-Cover too.

For my situation, with a K&W 550-557 tool chest mounted in the bed behind the cab, the Truxedo roll-up style cover was the best-fit. So far (5 days), I am happy with it.

Good thing there are so many options out there today as each of our needs are a little different.

Jim

Cheryl

We ordered a white one and plan to get the graphics to match the Landmark for it. I love the red too, but we don't seem to have a lot of luck with red vehicles. Every one we have owned gets wrecked. My Dakota is dark Garnet (looks more purple than red) and it has been hit 3 times.

Cheryl

Are the graphics the original design of the Landmark or the new painted graphics design?

Gary F

You guy's have too much disposable income. That's not fair. I lucked-out, My BH graphics match the truck colors blue/beige.

Got to love the smell of diesel in the morning !

J

Jeff

Landmark Graphics!

Hi Cheryl and Everyone:

This is a reply from the factory and Scott Tuttle concerning the Heartland Graphics.

The Company he uses to paint and apply the graphics packages, can make the graphics in most colors to either match your Landmark or Big Horn or your truck color.

See the attached file for what the Truck Graphics looks like!

The LANDMARK LOGO can be removed and you can have just the striping to match your specific vehicle (Landmark or Big Horn).

Hope this answers everyones question.

Take Care.

Jeff

Cheryl

It looks Great! I wish it was July!!!!!! Any news on the pricing yet?

Attachments

• 3. Second Landing Gear Motor.JPG
    3. Second Landing Gear Motor.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 11
  • 4. Ladder Storage.JPG
    4. Ladder Storage.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 5. Trail Air Pinbox.JPG
    5. Trail Air Pinbox.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 6. Bike Rack.JPG
    6. Bike Rack.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 7. Sun Shade.JPG
    7. Sun Shade.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 9. Couch.JPG
    9. Couch.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 10. Theatre Chairs.JPG
    10. Theatre Chairs.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 11. Desk.JPG
    11. Desk.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 12. Spice Rack Aft.JPG
    12. Spice Rack Aft.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 13. Spice Rack Galley.JPG
    13. Spice Rack Galley.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 16. Bedroom Cabinet Doors.JPG
    16. Bedroom Cabinet Doors.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 15. Galley Shelf.JPG
    15. Galley Shelf.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 14.Extra Shelf for Cups&Glasses.JPG
    14.Extra Shelf for Cups&Glasses.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 18. Closet Storage.JPG
    18. Closet Storage.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 17. Bedroom Cab Shelf.JPG
    17. Bedroom Cab Shelf.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
J

Jeff

Graphics

Hi Dave:

The last time I checked and got a quote from the company that makes them, it was $320.00 or something like that. My mouth about hit the floor.

I didn't ask for the price minus the Landmark Logo though, which has to be cheaper! The above price seemed a little high!

I'll try to find out the name of the Company and put up their information for everyone who is interested to look at.

Take Care.

Jeff

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 1

davebennington

graphics

JEFF

Before I retired I did signs, banners and graphics. Up to a point I would agree that it seems high, with out the Heartland logo it should come down some. I wonder if there is going to be different graphics for different trucks, (ford, chevy dodge) also 2 door vs quad cab.

Dave

Last edited:

Cheryl

Our truck should be here in 2 weeks. Any more news on the graphics - such as name of the company and how to order?

J

Jeff

Heartland Graphics!

Hi Cheryl:

I just called the company about the Graphics Package for the Trucks.

Without the Landmark Logo, just the striping package is $316.00.

The Graphics Company is: Graphix Unlimited in Bremen, IN.

http://www.graphixunlimited.com/

They make the taped graphics for all the Heartland products.

If and when you call them, tell them you want the Truck Package Graphics for Heartland 5th Wheels, without the Landmark Logo. Also, you might want to mention that you have a Dodge RAM 3500 Quad Cab as well, since their original design was on a Chevy Quad Cab. Might make a difference on the length of the graphics.