Gotta luv it!

As a full timer and solar nut I gotta share this. Last time I plugged in to a power tree was January 12th 2006. We use the computer all day long and watch TV at night. The wife vaccums atleast twice a week and uses what ever she wants. This stuff is magic, the sun comes out and it just works.
5- 120 watt panels, 4-6volt Lifeline AGM Batteries, 30 Amp MPPT controller and a 2000 watt inverter. I just grin everytime someone asks whats that on your roof! Barney

timk

Barney,

Your post reminds me of a thread I read awhile back where someone carries a fake electrical plug attached to a short post. Whenever they go somewhere without hookups, they would set out the post and plug into it.

Great conversation starter.

Amen to solar, got to love it.

TimK

BluegrassMan

Fake Hook-ups

Hey Guy's:
I have a friend with TOOO much time on his hands. He has a pressure treated post with a 30 amp campground electric box on it, and a water faucet including the pipe coming up from the ground to the faucet.

When he is boondocking he'll put that thing out. One time a mutual friend backed his Pop-up in next to him, the elec. cord wouldn't reach the pop-up. So my friend just picked up the post and moved it closer to the pop-up. No one caught on! Duh! The other friend went on and plugged in! Then came back out and complained that a breaker must have kicked cause' he had NO electric. :mad:

WE all had a big laugh on his expense!:p