Water Leak

busted2341

I have a water leak when using the santi-flush system. I traced the leak to the hose coming down the wall just at the forward front wall, where two hoses come into behind the entry. I have a 06 3055. The regular water seems not to leak. Is there a schematic available for the water lines? I really don't understand why hoses to the tank would be in the wall above the tank but that is where it is coming from. Any help would be appreciated.:confused:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Frank, I am not "the factory", but there is, what I believe is called an anti siphon valve up in the wall to prevent any black water from siphoning back into your hose or other fresh water supply. I have read about a few of these leaking. The water "in" goes up the wall to the valve and then back down to the black tank. I think you can cut the pex tubing and install a new valve. I don't know if it is anchored up in the wall or not. You may have to add a few feet of new tubing and stuff the new valve up into the wall. If mine ever leaks I may just splice the tubes together and elliminate the valve as a temporary quick fix till a new valve comes my way. Check with your dealer on the proper method and recomended repair.
Peace
Dave

SmokeyBare

The two plumbing pipes go to a anti siphon or back flow prevention valve that by code must be higher than the toilet, the reason they are behind the wall and so high.

The idea is to prevent any contamination from water back flowing from the black tank into the drinking water source you are connected to when using the Sani-Flush system.

The leak could be a bad valve... or a problem in one of the plumbing pipes going to and coming back from this valve.

busted2341

Thanx for the explanation. Now I understand why the hoses are the way they are. I could not figure out why there were 2 hoses. I think my fix is to not use it ans clean my tank the old way....Thanx guys...

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Ours leaked because the valve was put in backwards. Once the dealer fixed that, all was well.
Kristy

Jimmyt5

Does anyone know how to get to this valve? I have taken the cabinet out from bath and cannot see it also taken out the fire extinguisher and cannot pull it down, I could cut it at this spot. If I cut what size and part do I need to splice it back?????

Ratowns

Jim,
I had problems with mine also. I got to the valve from inside the shower. The opening just below the faucet will unscrew so you can get to it.
Good luck.
Ron

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Busted,
I had the same problem with water leaking underneath the fire extinguisher into our kitchen while sani flushing my black tank this summer. It happened two days in a row, then ceased and desisted. We pulled the extinguisher off and besides water, dust, and wood shavings besides whatever they left behind and could only guess that the hose connections might have leaked under pressure. I was told by one of the Heartland warranty reps that it could have been too much PSI at the campgrounds. In the next sentence, he told me I don't need a water pressure gauge at the water source, as our hoses can take lots of pressure. Luckily I read the Heartland manual which said do not exceed 65 lbs PSI or your warranty will be voided. He stood corrected and said follow the manual.
So far, it hasn't happened again and the repair shop could not duplicate the problem. Good luck it sounds like you got some good answers. Check out your hose connections for sure.

Jimmyt5

Thanks guys for your suggestions. I think this will go on hold till after Christmas.
I am just dumping with out the flush.

busted2341

I got to tell u I found the leak is coming from behind the fire extinguisher. As you look up the hoses get real tight. I could not pull them down and there is no way to get in there without removing the wall as far as I can see. I ttok off the panel on the storage side with the same result. Don't know how to get it fixed.

Jimmyt5

Frank you sound just like what I found. I was thinking of cutting and removing the top section and splice it back together..
Hate to start cutting till you know what your doing to repair it.....