3rd brake light camera for trucks

Thensley

Does anyone have the 3rd brake light camera for their tow vehicle with a tool box in it? I have a 2019 Silverado 3500 dually with the American truck bed cover with the tool box I was wanting to put the 3rd brake camera in but not sure about the view with the. tool box. I'm wanting to use it to hook up the fifth wheel alittle quicker without getting in and out all the time. Don't want to put one on and not be able to use it for the fifth wheel.

wdk450

Does anyone have the 3rd brake light camera for their tow vehicle with a tool box in it? I have a 2019 Silverado 3500 dually with the American truck bed cover with the tool box I was wanting to put the 3rd brake camera in but not sure about the view with the. tool box. I'm wanting to use it to hook up the fifth wheel alittle quicker without getting in and out all the time. Don't want to put one on and not be able to use it for the fifth wheel.

I just bought a new wireless rear camera system for my rig off of E-Bay with 2 cameras and monitor I am about to install. I thought I would set up one of the cameras with a magnet base and temporary batteries (2 - 9 volt in series, or a small 12 volt gell cell) just for hookup to put on the toolbox. Once hitched, I would retrieve the camera, unhook the batteries and stow it in the truck for future use.

The main rear camera is going to tap into the 12 volt house battery system (not the lights circuit) because I have found before because of lighting loads (even after changing all over to LED's) and wiring losses, the voltage on the clearance lighting circuit at the rear of the trailer is only about 7 volts. I will put a switch somewhere on the rear outside to switch on the camera when needed.

avvidclif

I just bought a new wireless rear camera system for my rig off of E-Bay with 2 cameras and monitor I am about to install. I thought I would set up one of the cameras with a magnet base and temporary batteries (2 - 9 volt in series, or a small 12 volt gell cell) just for hookup to put on the toolbox. Once hitched, I would retrieve the camera, unhook the batteries and stow it in the truck for future use.

The main rear camera is going to tap into the 12 volt house battery system (not the lights circuit) because I have found before because of lighting loads (even after changing all over to LED's) and wiring losses, the voltage on the clearance lighting circuit at the rear of the trailer is only about 7 volts. I will put a switch somewhere on the rear outside to switch on the camera when needed.

Time to do a little snooping. I tied my Furrion to the 3 marker lights on the rear of the RV and have over 12v available at that point.