Single Page on Heartland and subcontractor Warranty periods

wdk450

Gang:
I doing a little websearch on Heartland Warranty allowing you to use 3rd party RV repairers when I came across this VERY INFORMATIVE PAGE with all of the longer warranty periods from the various subcontractors laid out. I think this will be very helpful to any Heartland owner: https://heartlandrvs.com/warranty/#differences

danemayer

Bill, this is a helpful link. The marketing materials, including the page you link to, are usually easier to read and understand than the Limited Warranty Statement that's in the trailer manual. But the Limited Warranty Statement, which is the official warranty statement, explicitly denies any warranties other than what it describes; which would include denial of what's in the marketing materials if they conflict with the Limited Warranty Statement. Hopefully there are no conflicts. But it's important to understand that coverage can change over time. Someone finding a page like this 2 or 3 years after its creation may find that something it says is in conflict with the official Limited Warranty Statement that came with your trailer.

The warranty statement directs owners to take the RV to an authorized Heartland dealer to remedy a defect. When Customer Service authorizes a servicer that is not an authorized Heartland dealer. it's an "accommodation" or "goodwill" gesture. It's not part of the warranty.

Earlier this year we looked at replacement windows for our house. The marketing materials had impressive warranty promises. I asked for a copy of the Limited Warranty Statement and discovered that 4 of the key promises were in direct conflict with the official warranty. I had them add the 4 promises to the sales contract. And a few years ago, before signing a 5 year contract with Comcast Business for a very expensive fiber optic business line, I discovered that their official warranty statement had unstated limitations on data usage. I had them add to the terms of the contract that our data usage was unlimited.

I'm probably the only person who reads warranty statements before signing. I find conflicts all the time.

avvidclif

I don't see a conflict. It seems you are comparing an apple to an orange. The Heartland 1 yr warranty covers "supplied by and attributed to manufacturing & assembly of the RV." As you can see many of the appliances and items used in the manufacture and building of the RV have a longer warranty. This is not a Heartland warranty but a mfg warranty. It is separate from Heartland's warranty. For example I recently replaced a defective Dometic AC. I was under the impression it was only covered by a 1 year warranty from reading Heartlands warranty statement. It turns out it actually had a 2 year Dometic factory warranty. Same for the Onan generator, it had a 2 year warranty. The roof has a 12 year warranty highly touted by Heartland but not covered by them, by the manufacture.

To put it plainly Heartlands 1 year warranty is on the RV, BUT many components they use have a longer warranty from the manufacture. 2 separate warranties. It's confusing. As best I can figure it Heartland is going to be the point man for one year, after that you have to contact the manufacture for warranty work.

But as I found out they don't cover everything. One of my LED taillights had multiple LED's go out (not all) when it was a month old. They didn't cover it?????

dkbeckett

How can I find out if my roof is Dicor EPDM (paper work just says EPDM) and who do I call for warranty on my 2012 Heartland (I'm the original owner).

Thanks
Deb

danemayer

How can I find out if my roof is Dicor EPDM (paper work just says EPDM) and who do I call for warranty on my 2012 Heartland (I'm the original owner).

Thanks
Deb

Deb, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. As your trailer is 8 or 9 years old, if the problem is a defect in the roofing material, they'll probably have you call Dicor at 800.837.2059.