Triple towing

carl.swoyer

Saw this at the east entrance of Yellowstone National Park the tow vehicle was a red? Dodge ram 3500 dually.
Anyone want to claim ownership.

c59611f22999ff6bc19b4663e13435e6.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

kowAlski631

Saw that all over the west. Best was truck pulling 5er, pulling boat, pulling motorcycle. Wasn't in Yellowstone, though.

carl.swoyer

Saw that all over the west. Best was truck pulling 5er, pulling boat, pulling motorcycle. Wasn't in Yellowstone, though.
In Florida I saw a motorhome towing a full size truck and on top of the truck a rack with boat motor and trailer. Behind the truck a trailer and two four wheelers.

kowAlski631

In Florida I saw a motorhome towing a full size truck and on top of the truck a rack with boat motor and trailer. Behind the truck a trailer and two four wheelers.

But forgot to bring common sense and brains.

Martha

Oldelevatorman

Better than that was an old van towing a trailer and two boats. In Tennessee, but thank god not on the interstate. I was on my bicycle and couldn’t get my phone out in time to take a picture!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sengli

Everytime we see this, locally the tags are always from michigan. Scares me, to even think how this would work. If there was an issue with the tralier in the back, would you even notice it?

carl.swoyer

Is that even legal?
In some states it's legal. However Florida is not. You have to have a CDL license. Florida will turn you around and have you leave or cite you a ticket. But triple towing with a triple Axel cyclone and a trailer behind it and a full size pickup truck up front through Yellowstone to me is pure lunacy. I doubt the operator will ever Chim in. Lol

uncledon

Her chauffeur

As far as I know, that's NOT legal in Florida. Wonder how far they got before they got an invite to the side of the road.

Tsys100718

In some states it's legal. However Florida is not. You have to have a CDL license. Florida will turn you around and have you leave or cite you a ticket. But triple towing with a triple Axel cyclone and a trailer behind it and a full size pickup truck up front through Yellowstone to me is pure lunacy. I doubt the operator will ever Chim in. Lol

About half of the lower 48 have some kind of prohibition against 'triple towing.' https://rv-roadtrips.thefuntimesguide.com/triple_towing/
However, most states now permit towing 'doubles.' I recently wanted to tow a trike on a trailer behind my TT and since I was going through Alabama, a state which only permits commercial doubles, I had to come up with another solution! I have seen people pulling 'doubles' in Alabama but did not want to take the chance of interrupting my trip.

The following pics show the solution to my issue. Alabama doesn't consider this a trailer since there is no pivot at the connection point. And no the forks are not considered the connection point. I had to install a 'universal' receiver to my TT frame to make this happen.

Trikeontow1.jpgTrikeontow2.jpgTrikeontow3.jpg

This has worked for over 15k miles, without a road issue. Backing up for any distance beyond two or three feet is a DEFINATE issue! I usually make reservations for LONG pull through sites where ever possible. And I have had to only once take the trike off to back into a site. Even at the North Rim of the GC I had no issues. Granted, it was a little tight, but no REAL issues!

HOWEVER, even is states that permit non-commercial 'doubles' there are overall length restrictions that must be taken into consideration.