Jensen flat screen turns itself on

lrmike

I think we have a ghost in our 2009 3300RC! The Jensen flat screen will spontaneously turn itself on at random times, of course usually in the middle of the night, but there have been times it has come on during the day when we are out. I cannot find an 'alarm' option on the set to explain this, and it has happened when there have been no other RV's near ours (with the shades down) so I doubt it is a similar remote. We are unplugging the set for now until the next dealer visit but any information would be great.

On a side note, our 'ghost' seems to live in the set as a single red dot present all the time on the screen!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Irmike, here is a link with a phone number that may help you resolve your problem with the TV. Welcome to the Heartland Family and Forum.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=7330&highlight=jensen

Chuck Richard

Hi IRMIKE,

Just a note until you get the patch box or get to your dealer to fix this you do not need to unplug the TV. There is a switch on the back that will shut it down and keep the ghost at bay. This is an easy fix once you contact Jensen, been through it with mine as have many others.

Last edited:

lrmike

Thanks guys! I found the same info Ray had in the HOOT section shortly after posting this. Like most issues, not unique :)
I know about the switch on the back, but ours is wall mounted and my hands are a little too big to reach easily...

wagenman

I thought the same thing at first..The day prior to our first outing, I was in and out of the coach loading it and it was turning itself on.. At first I thought one of my neighbors was messing with me... but then found the remote and realized it was a electronic issue.. Came on here did a quick search and found that thread about the issue..I still have not taken the time to get a hold of the factory but I guess I should soon....

jbeletti

Hi Mike,

It's ASA that you contact. They can usually send out the right "black box" to flash your TV. Or make an appt. with your dealer and ASA can get the box to them to do it. My understanding is that it plugs into a service port on the back of the set, then takes less than 5 minutes to flash the ROM with the new firmware. A few owners have done their own this way.

Jim